FeralHeart Game Development > Help Us Improve the Game

\\Submissions Textures//

(1/3) > >>

Shally:
\\Here is where you can add your screenshots of your texture creations!//
Map Submissions || Mesh Submissions || Texture Submissions (you are here!)

Post a reply to this thread, with your screenshots added in it!

Your examples should include clear screenshots and download links so that staff may review your work.

Your examples MUST be your work only!

Take note that the submissions made in this thread are simply to serve as examples of your skills. The submissions are not intended for the patch itself.

We're only looking for textures for the game (such as meshes, rocks, trees), not preset textures.

You may make as many submissions as you'd like.

There is no deadline for submissions as of yet.

The staff will contact you if we believe your work fits in with the style, and needs, we're seeking for the game.

FreakAccident:
Why Presets??
- Because the way I make my presets is different than some. I hand-make a lot of the fur, effects, eyes, wounds, bones - you name it.

These Presets....
- These ones in particular I have worked on texturing/hand-making a lot of what you're looking at.

Experience....
- I went to college for Graphic Design

Other Stuff??
 Yeah sure, I can texture other things, no, I don't have other examples right now.
- P.S: Yes, I actually do, but they're not finished and no good artist should show on display an unfinished piece, otherwise you might get: I thought it'd be better , type-of-reactions.

BONUS

I've done some.... editing. GFX ONLY apply to these.

LordSuragaha:

--- Quote from: FreakAccident on January 20, 2017, 05:27:02 am ---Why Presets??

--- End quote ---

We said textures so what we mean is just general in game textures ^^ That could be textures for terrain, trees, rocks, etc

So long as they are your creation. Not presets ^^

FreakAccident:

--- Quote from: LordSuragaha on January 20, 2017, 05:32:03 am ---
--- Quote from: FreakAccident on January 20, 2017, 05:27:02 am ---Why Presets??

--- End quote ---

We said textures so what we mean is just general in game textures ^^ That could be textures for terrain, trees, rocks, etc

So long as they are your creation. Not presets ^^

--- End quote ---

I would just like to ask why presets would not be considered as 'textured work' or 'your own work', if someone makes them from scratch (including fur textures), wouldn't it be their own or?? Also, the same techniques would be used on terrain things, just... well, being terrain things instead of 'fur' or 'preset' things. Not trying to argue, I just really want to know why presets would not qualify as 'texture work', since, in fact, presets are just texture work (depending on how you make them, not just overylaying and coloring, would achieve such a 'textured' work). Sorry for late response by the way....!!

P.S: Wouldn't a terrain texture merely be a rock texture, or grass, or merely blended/manipulated, like a photomanipulation, while presets are genuinely textured to have even more detail (if you do your fur yourself, or skin for example)?? This all depends on the person and their technique/skill, of course.

Warriorstrike:

--- Quote from: FreakAccident on January 24, 2017, 07:37:42 am ---
I would just like to ask why presets would not be considered as 'textured work' or 'your own work', if someone makes them from scratch (including fur textures), wouldn't it be their own or?? Also, the same techniques would be used on terrain things, just... well, being terrain things instead of 'fur' or 'preset' things. Not trying to argue, I just really want to know why presets would not qualify as 'texture work', since, in fact, presets are just texture work (depending on how you make them, not just overylaying and coloring, would achieve such a 'textured' work). Sorry for late response by the way....!!

P.S: Wouldn't a terrain texture merely be a rock texture, or grass, or merely blended/manipulated, like a photomanipulation, while presets are genuinely textured to have even more detail (if you do your fur yourself, or skin for example)?? This all depends on the person and their technique/skill, of course.

--- End quote ---

We only mean to say that we're interested in looking for examples relating to textures of the game. There's nothing wrong with presets, it's only that we're only looking for textures for in-game meshes, rocks, trees, etc., at the moment. Your submission should reflect the creation you've made which also has to do with in-game textures, so if you want to submit, we just want to see what you can do, texture-wise, with what you are submitting for. The idea is to see what you can do with topic above, as that is what we're looking for.  c:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version