Author Topic: Is there any rules against this?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Is there any rules against this?
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »
Hey someone copied me only changing their gender...Is there any rules about this? She did it to only piss me off so, can anything be done before it turns into a problem? Her name is CookiezNom...

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any rules against this?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:13:41 pm »
The mods can't really do anything about it if it's with the default markings, and/or mass/legendary markings, but if it's a preset, then I suggest speaking to a mod about it.

Can anyone get banned from "stealing" my characters looks?
It does depend on the situation but in most cases it's a no. If seen needed we can take action against users causing trouble but as far as characters goes made within the game using the original set of markings and tools provided in character creation to make your character, no design or look can be claimed by "you" as a user neither can it belong to you and you only. We've said this many times before and will repeat it in this thread as well. All tools and markings provided in the game is there to be used by everyone, even though there's plenty of space for creativity and unique characters there's only so many ways one can make a fox or a zebra. Certain combinations of markings will be more popular than others and we need to take this into consideration. We also need to take into consideration if there's more on the line like "Impersonation" or a user trying to take someone else's identity or claim someones work as "theirs".

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:11:47 pm »
The mods can't really do anything about it if it's with the default markings, and/or mass/legendary markings, but if it's a preset, then I suggest speaking to a mod about it.

Can anyone get banned from "stealing" my characters looks?
It does depend on the situation but in most cases it's a no. If seen needed we can take action against users causing trouble but as far as characters goes made within the game using the original set of markings and tools provided in character creation to make your character, no design or look can be claimed by "you" as a user neither can it belong to you and you only. We've said this many times before and will repeat it in this thread as well. All tools and markings provided in the game is there to be used by everyone, even though there's plenty of space for creativity and unique characters there's only so many ways one can make a fox or a zebra. Certain combinations of markings will be more popular than others and we need to take this into consideration. We also need to take into consideration if there's more on the line like "Impersonation" or a user trying to take someone else's identity or claim someones work as "theirs".

Sorry I guess I should of been more specific, she did not steal my looks or anything she just made her name and everything same as mine to piss me off, nothing else, she did not steal anything, she just purposely did something to piss me off.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:15:33 pm »
Methinks there's nothing that can be done. Blocking the user is probably the best thing you can do.
There are trolls and users out there that can get on one's nerves but without solid evidence of specifically breaking the listed rules, it falls onto the choice of the user to block and/or ignore them.
gone

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:47:13 pm »
This thread is an extended version of the quote Arreze has linked above, although it partially refers to names, not soley character designs. Unfortunately, it can be frustrating if you've worked deliberately on a username or character's name that may be unique to you, but there isn't anything that can be done, seeing as no one claims the right to that name. If you are uncomfortable with the similar name, you may decide to change your own character name/username or block the user, to prevent any future interactions with them, as mentioned above. You may decide to contact them about it, but keep in mind that names can be shared, and the result may not be as excepted. Some people may try to copy you to provoke you, but in most cases, ignoring them will leave them to find something better to do.

As a small suggestion, I wouldn't recommend calling out the user on the forum, as it's not very polite and we don't encourage community members to do this, as it can sometimes brew harmful feelings and negativity. I'd recommend opting for the above or approaching them privately about it.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.