Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55159 times)

Offline koalachild86

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • *Sweats nervously*
    • channel/UCiuHk71roxetcq0MS_KIEFg
    • smolmushroomboi8
    • JakeJay08
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2018, 03:31:23 pm »
While I am not a fan of being "babysat" I do think that this game in particular should be moderated and watched over. Especially when there are kids and young teens coming in the game. Not a lot of kids know better either (I know not every kid is bad, but there are a few bad apples. Even adults can be bad as well).

I am not a computer geek of any kind so I'm not sure how a system works when it comes to banning, moderation, etc. but I know that what was posted by you, Raz, just sounds like a bad idea and I agree with a lot of what is being said by other members of this community.

Also, not having any sort of communication with the staff is also pretty bad, to be honest. Part of why certain things and goals (even relationships, any relationship) fail is because of lack of communication. There needs to be a share of opinions, thoughts, and ideas tossed around first before anything is made as a decision. Especially if it's permanent.

On another note, banning anyone who gets blocked? That sounds horrible. There could just be some minor disagreements or maybe someone has had a bad interaction/first meeting with someone but all they need to do is block them. Maybe they want to unblock them and talk again. Just because they get blocked doesn't mean they should be banned.

Please listen to what others have to say and think about what you are doing before doing anything.
If I, someone's strength, someone's light, I wish I could be a Piece of Peace. - J-Hope/BTS

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die - Unknown

Forgiving isn't condoning.

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2018, 04:12:03 pm »

Let me just call you out right here and now. Ban me, delete me. Do as you wish, but how hypocritical of you. You want the members to be mature in this game, yet you have acted way out of line and abused your powers. Why you should of thanked the staff for sending out the maps.
[/size]Why you ask? Because there was a full scale riot about to happen, the maps being shown only made those members stop their full scale planning and fighting and theory making about you. They like every other member on this site made maps, and then made them for the public to use. Those maps where no different from the ones Red made a long time ago. Yes they where intended to be as an update, but you said no. So why should they let their hard work go to waste? The truth is, they shouldn't, they should show it off.
[/size]Now lets point out the immature factor here shall we? You took the time to go on a personal attack against members who went into those maps. Which was not some stolen link, it was given to them by staff of this site. So why attack them. You had no reason and no just cause for any of your action. Rather than act like a spoil brat. You felt they had went against you, deleted the staff from the game, their post and then went for the blow on the members who dare follow anyone but you.
You claim you don't care what people say or think, but you clearly care with the way you have acted. You are throwing a man child hissy fit to show how displeased you are. If you don't wish to run this game any more then find someone who can and will.

[/size]Have personal issues happening? Well how professional it is that you brought them into the 'work place' very MATURE of you. Honestly could you be any more of a hypocritical brat.[/size] 

Offline KyokoSakura

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "My territory, my rules!"
    • View Profile
    • Where The Roads Meet
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2018, 04:44:14 pm »
Honestly, I think the fact Raz hasn't responded to anything recently is the biggest in a 'show and tell'.

Yes, hi. i don't speak up much. But to be blunt, all I see is a child who doesn't speak and commune with their game's users throwing a tantrum all because he doesn't want to deal with the 'stress' anymore. What's more, you've went and disabled access to a map that, frankly, a lot of the users liked. Because the admins were stopping the outright flame war that was about to fall down on you doorstep. The lack of care for the members in this community and your own staff team both amazes and appalls me-- not because you do, but because of the fact that I thought it impossible to do to the level that you do.

You've also deleted a character of mine that I held very dearly to my heart up in said maps all because you 'didn't want that to ever reach the public' from what I understand. Why? Is it because you don't want to give the community what they want?

... Nevermind. I'm just speaking to a brick wall, and I think we all know it by now. Our pleas reach deafened ears, because you either intend to bring this game crashing down or you just don't care anymore. If you'd like to prove me wrong, please, send me a private message. Prove to me you're listening, please give me an answer more than 'it's what LKD would have wanted'. Not everyone wants to fight. Some of us just want to talk.

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2018, 04:49:28 pm »
wELP! I'm adding to the list of people who've had their characters deleted for going into the patch maps.

Razmirz, I don't know what the HECK you're doing, but it needs to stop. I have a sneaking suspicion... that you're simply doing your best to kill this game, and honestly, that's what all the signs point to, pal. And you haven't got many people on your side in this fight.

I'd highly reconsider this ludicrousy you're trying to pull off. The staff team is actually making people happy. They're helping the community, moreover giving us a way to cope with this hell you're about to put us through, this stupid robotic ban-management system that is BOUND to fail.

Offline Fireplace

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2018, 05:29:30 pm »
I haven't posted in the forums for years and I wasn't actually planning to do this because I know there isn't much to add that hasn't already been said, but I think what you did was very wrong and childish.
 I'd understand deleting the maps if you really didn't want them in game even though I did not agree with that either, but I know you only deleted every character who went in there completely out of spite and to upset us for not agreeing with your actions.
I don't know what else to say.. I'm so disappointed in you and what you're doing to fh.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:40 pm »
Another long-time lurker crawling out of the woodwork.

Although I can agree self-moderation isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a tool that needs to be used in conjunction with moderators because, as many other people have mentioned, it can be oh-so-easily abused. As an example, World of Warcraft 'silences' (they can no longer speak in public chats) players who receive a large volume of reports in a short amount of time. I've seen guilds co-ordinate and use it to mute players they dislike or disagree with; I guarantee it'll happen. However, in this game's case, GMs usually rectify the silences or bans when messaged, especially if they were unjustified. Feralheart won't have this.

Another thing is the general age of the game's playerbase. There's some incredibly young kids here who admittedly do need the protection of moderators. I'd honestly worry about the content they'd be exposed to, especially if there was a genuine case of harassment that was kept within groups and whispers-- somewhere that won't invoke the blocks required for a ban. Even then, there should be complete transparency about the system being put into place to soothe everyone's worries. How many reports with trigger the ban? Are the bans permanent? Is there any way to rectify bans made in error without moderators? What if a problematic member doesn't receive the required number of blocks? Such a controversial change should definitely include more information- for everyone's sake.

Either way, I feel this is a case of 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'.

Offline Hypothermia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hypothermia#6987 on discord.
    • hypothermiia
    • hypothermiiia
    • harmonnyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:59 pm »
me, waiting for feral heart to finally rid itself from it's useless, drama-cesspool of an existence:

[ my deviantart. ] . [ my flight rising. ]
member since oct 2011.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2018, 06:03:51 pm »
me, waiting for feral heart to finally rid itself from it's useless, drama-cesspool of an existence:

This is very rude of you to say. Many people love this game and grew up with it.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline QuinnTheDuck

• Forum Newcomer
    • https://www.deviantart.com/wolf0
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:19 pm »
i swear to god.

do we have to seriously make 800 pAGES of posts for you to understand? what are you, 9?
seriously, raz, stop with the shenanigans, we're not little kids and we're not up for playing your little games.

someone else mentioned it - why are you making the hunger games?
we didn't make an uprising, but we will??
in the end president snow dies and somehow, if you don't decide to change this, you'll be left alone.

humans live on being in a group, they're social beings, and if you simply decide to ruin your own community by making your own hunger games then, hey, you probably won't get killed, but you'll be left alone.

because everyone who's got brains will leave the game, quit for good and find a better place with a better admin to keep it up. literally, ever since red retired, fh has been going downhill. not saying the staff didn't do a good job - dude, they were awesome. organizing events and fun playtimes for members of the community and actually caring to bond and talk with them rather than sitting there and, what you'd call /babysitting/.

i seriously don't understand you and i don't think anyone else does at this point. what are you, a god? hell no. so stop acting like one.

Offline Grimmjow

• Forum Newcomer
  • All My Favorite Fandoms Are Dead ):
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »
I really wish I had something meaninful to say, but I'm just dissapointed...really, dissapointed... :/

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:16:43 pm by Overhaul »