Author Topic: Another preset question  (Read 946 times)

Offline Veenus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Another preset question
« on: September 05, 2018, 03:03:21 am »
Okay, so a lot of people sell preset's on DA and when they sell them you get the .fhp file instead of the whole thing, and they ask you for your user and export it for you. So, I tried it for people and it didn't work for them, I typed their user in to the user slot and exported it and sent it to them. I asked the person who I bought a preset from and they were also confused on why it's not working.

So here's what I did:

- I typed their user in the user slot

- Went to my presets in fh and exported the preset giving me a: Theiruser_1.fhp

-I sent it to them

When they received it, it was blank no preset there, I've already asked if they made sure it was exact cap(As it appears to be cap sensitive) and still no avail, it didn't work still.

Any ideas?

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Another preset question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 04:52:08 am »
Does it usually work for you? I don't have experience with buying presets off of DA this way, so I've never actually had experience with this.

Here is a quote from the user, PrettyReckless:

"Depending on what username is applied to the file, only the user can wear them.
This does not mean you can change the name of the file and be able to wear it as well, the original files like the image below have to be exported to your username."

Also make sure all of the preset's files are matching the coding in the preset's notepad file. (Such as whether they are .png or .jpg files).

Let me know how you go with this!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:54:32 am by Sigyrn »

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:27:52 am »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:32:13 am by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:31:13 am »

Hmm...That seems a little bit shady to me. When you buy a preset, the seller is supposed to give you the whole preset file. Not just the .fhp file. The .fhp file is usually given only when you want to see presets from other people. I always give the entire preset file to whoever bought or won the preset. That person who you bought the preset from might be scamming you! It seems weird that they didn't send you the entire preset file, which is what youre apparently supposed to do. I've been doing it like that forever. I wouldn't suggest buying any more presets from that person. Also what @Sigyrn said!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Veenus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 01:03:41 am »

Hmm...That seems a little bit shady to me. When you buy a preset, the seller is supposed to give you the whole preset file. Not just the .fhp file. The .fhp file is usually given only when you want to see presets from other people. I always give the entire preset file to whoever bought or won the preset. That person who you bought the preset from might be scamming you! It seems weird that they didn't send you the entire preset file, which is what youre apparently supposed to do. I've been doing it like that forever. I wouldn't suggest buying any more presets from that person. Also what @Sigyrn said!

They give you a .fhp that's exported under your user so you can use it, It's supposed to prevent theft and copying, I suppose people have actually stolen and copied stuff that didn't belong to them since y'know if you have all the files in the wrong hands they can claim it's theirs and 'prove' by showing the files but idk. It's worked before with one person, everyone else is having issues with it not showing up on the presets in the character creator.
   It only lets people see if it's a .fhp under your own username. I exported the preset under a friend's username so they can use this preset but two people said they couldn't see it. (Both friends). .fhp exports under your user because YOUR user is in the username slot, so I removed my user and inserted theirs so that it's supposed to show up in the presets when you edit a character and put on a preset. It's not ME having the problem, the preset I purchased works just fine it's just sharing presets for others without giving the entire files.
   The preset I purchased off DA is exported under my username I added a _ between my user and the preset # and it worked, but it's just giving others a preset I Created. So, the seller didn't scam me at all I asked them about it and they said I did everything correctly and it should've worked and they suggested asking about it or you tubing it.(Youtube had nothing to help me out here.)