Author Topic: Direct3D9 Issues.  (Read 856 times)

Flurr

Direct3D9 Issues.
« on: September 07, 2018, 12:12:09 am »
Hey there!

So I was just exploring and hanging out in Fh a bit, and im using the Direct3D9 rendering system. But whenever I use it, it makes things all laggy and glitchy. Here are some examples of what happens when I use Direct3D9,

Im sorry how small the images are in size. But this problem gets pretty annoying over time, so if you might have a answer to my rendering system problem, please reply! Thanks so much!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Direct3D9 Issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 03:09:52 pm »
Are you able to run in OpenGL? I know sometimes systems prefer one over the other. You should be able to change them in-game through through, Options > Video > Rendering System. If NOT, you can do it on the menu via start up.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Direct3D9 Issues.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »
If Alueue's method fails to work, you'll have to do it manually. Here is an image from Red's post in The Big Help Thread:

As you can see, this is the Ogre.cfg file that is located in the main FeralHeart directory. Simply right-click to open with Notepad (unless you already have it specified to open these files in Notepad). Change the top Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem to Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem.

If THAT fails to work, see this thread by Red. Just an extra step that may not be needed.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!