Author Topic: Everything Is Black  (Read 2185 times)

gaele

Everything Is Black
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:10:11 am »
I just downloaded FH+ and logged into my character (bear in mind, I haven't played FH for many months, so I don't know exactly where my character was). I could see her, and I could see the other players and the chat, but the map was complete blackness. No sky, no ground, just black. What do you suppose the problem is, and what should I do to fix it?

Offline Nathacha2260

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Is Black
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:50 am »
Gaele, this happened to me, is the directx9 on your computer, it needs to be activated so that games can run on your pc, to enter the directx9 go with the right mouse button on your desktop> Property> Configuration> Advanced> Troubleshoot> will have a line where is written: hardware acceleration> your will is in no> change to Maximum.
If you are in Max, click on your Start menu> Run> type: dxdiag> Click View> will be escita Directx Features> has written a DirectDraw Acceleration is> (if it is disabled click Enable> Direct3D Acceleration> Enable the event infrastructure is disabled> then click Save all information> exit

gaele

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:30:35 am »
When I right-click on my desktop and choose "Graphics Properties", this is what comes up:

So, I can't follow those directions. I've looked around in this dialogue box, and there doesn't seem to ba any mention of Directx9. I know my DirectX9 is running, because I play Lord of the Rings Online on it and it works just fine. Any other ideas? :(

Offline Shayne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:45:32 am »
No, Gaele, there's a simple solution to this. :)
Go into FeralHeart (Yes, the regular one) and choose the character you want to take to FH+.
Place that character in Bonfire (On the regular FH) and log out.
Next, find the FH+ shortcut icon and right click it. "Run as Administrator'' and launch.
Find that character you placed in Bonfire and click Start.
Problem solved. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:47:34 am by Shayne Sholto »
"We are brothers
Not in blood,
But in bond." ~To Trey

gaele

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:30 am »
OH, duh! *hits self on the head* I remember reading something like that on the downloads page! My short term memory is fried....

gaele

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:10:41 am »
Okay, I can't seem to get to Bonfire. There's a waterfall in the tunnel, and that was the only way I remembered how to get there. I checked the Wiki and couldn't find another way. How can I get to Bonfire?

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:04:49 am »
Try going to the cape of distant worlds instead, it has the same effect.

Offline Shayne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:49:10 am »
Bonfire is above the waterfall in Ficho Tunnel.
You can get to there by 1.) Resetting your home (To Lonely Cave) and then going to Ficho then Bonfire (Which when you enter Ficho, you'll be above the waterfall. Don't go down it-go left and there will be the portal)
2.) You could come in from Fluorite and run to the Bonfire portal (Using print screen to jump the waterfall)
You can't get to Bonfire any other way, unless your home is set there for some reason. Those are ways to get to Bonfire.
"We are brothers
Not in blood,
But in bond." ~To Trey

Offline Nathacha2260

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 02:16:49 am »
THANKS ALL FOR HELP MEEE S2