Author Topic: Death Note: Wolf Note  (Read 3692 times)

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
Death Note: Wolf Note
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:49:08 am »
This is a new game that is going to begin development in the very near future.  This is based on the anime, "Death Note", but with a slight... twist.

Maps~
The maps will be mostly actual places in the world, and will probably be highly detailed and realistic. This game is not recomended for people with low-tech computers.

Plot~
In this game, the world's dominant species is no longer humans... but wolves. They still run and walk and do wolven actions, but have also evolved. They can now use their originally non-posable thumbs, and their brains have increased capacity for intelligence. They have learned how to use computers, and other communication devices. Including TV, warfare, and other such things only known to human civilization... until now.

The Races~
Of course, as is the Death Note theme, there will be a shinigami race, and a wolf race.
Shinigami: These are the wolves that have used the Death Note in life. Now, they are doomed to neither go to heaven, or hell, and live in... nothingness. However, there is that rare occasion that the death note falls to the earth, and a shinigami must descend... //Note: You can only become a shinigami by use of the death note, and then dying. Admins will be the first shinigamis.//

Wolf: The normal race. They are intelligent canines that have dominated the world. Only 1 wolf in the entire game can have the death note at a time, UNLESS an admin spawns another.  If the wolf with the death note is offline for a period of three weeks or more, their death note is dropped for another to pick up, or it is returned to the shinigami.

How the Death Note works~

Every character will have two names. Their real name, and an optional alias. If they use an alias, it is the alias that shows on their nametag. Only users with the shinigami eyes can see another's real name. To kill, you must open up the death note, and type in the real character name of the user you wish to kill, and select the cause of death. It will happen, whether they are online or not.

L?~

Yes. L will exist, as a re-incarnated wolf form. It is the same L from Death Note, only a wolf. He is played by me. No one else can be him.

Other detectives?~

Yes, there may be others working alongside L to defeat the user known as "Kira".

Will admins know who Kira is?~

No. We will not. This is to prevent godmodding and auto-assuming. No one will know who Kira is without investigation.

Who is Kira?~

"Kira" is the name given to the user with the Death Note. L and the task force are out to stop this player, whoever it may be. "Kira" in the anime was Light Yagami.

Will you be able to play as pups?

Yes, as this game is hyper-realistic in most aspects, except for the usage of the death note and existence of shinigami.

Will there be weapons and PvP?

Yes. There will be. There will be guns, knives, all sorts of things, and they can be used to kill other players. When you die... you do not respawn. You become a ghost. Best bet is to make a new character.

Will there be jails?

Of course, this is death note for shinigami's sake.

Mello, Matt, and Near?

Probably not. But I might add them in. It depends, though.

Light Yagami?

I'm sorry, but no... I am not bringing back an old Kira. All death note holders will be new faces. No more Light.

Will there be detailed blood and gore?

There will be blood. Hyperrealistic blood. But there will probably be no gore. We might add in 'blood filters' that you can turn on to reduce the blood.

More will come soon.

You may apply to be staff in this thread if you wish, but at the moment we are focused on game designers. And please, if you want to apply, be GOOD at your work.

UPDATE: Website has been created. http://www.wolf-note.freeforums.net
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:03:57 pm by .:L:. »
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Death Note: Wolf Note
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:01:38 am »
I've never seen the anime, but this sounds pretty fun even if I'm more of a fan of cats... (I wish it was cats and wolves, lol)
Anyway, will these wolves be furries or normal wolves with no clothes? o3o 'cause furry/anthro wolves would make a lot more sense...
But yeah, this sounds pretty fun. o3o I'd definitely play when it's out some day if it will be, though I have to know, if there an age range for the forum and game? Just because I'm under 13 and usually want to find this out most of the time, though I don't mind blood. o3o

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 07:31:54 am »
They will be your typical four-legged, but their skeletal structure gives them human-like capabilities, such as standing on two legs if they wished, or sitting at a computer desk. Wolves wiped out humans, they didn't mate with them to produce WolfXHuman offspring.

And no, there is no age limit. Anyone can join, though you must be mature.
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:29:54 am »
Death Note is one of my favourites<3 The plot certainly is interesting and different but I will be looking forward to playing it when it comes out. I would have to agree with Hugrf though, it would be nice to see some cats in the game as well (more of a cat person). I wish you luck on the future game development :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »
Never seen the Anime, but it sounds interesting. I'll certainly watch out for the game if it ever comes out.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
Never heard of death note, but it sounds very interrogating. The game idea sounds lovely, and I wish you luck

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »
Cats might be in an update. Possibly.

Offline Darkoblivion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »
I will join this.

End of discussion.

Click theh eggies if you want o3o... So they don't, you know... die.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »
Website has been added.

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 02:40:23 am »
Sounds like a fantastic game.
Too bad my laptop would never be able to handle it....
*Corner Sulk*