Author Topic: Ruins of Asper  (Read 17177 times)

Lux Lucis

Ruins of Asper
« on: May 22, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »
Voices rouse you from an unwelcome sleep. Your body screams for relief as hunger rakes at your stomach, your head and muscles aching with exhaustion built up from many moons.

You find yourself on a beach. Icy waters lap at your soaked fur, the ground beneath the water covered in a thick sheet of glacial ice. The sky is dark, snow falling around you in a harsh flurry. As you blink, taking in the desolate surroundings, you notice the presence of others. Many others.

"So you have found us."

"Who are you? And where am I?" You stand, shaking from both cold and fear of the dark shapes around you in the blizzard.

"You are in Asper."

Ruins of Asper

Greetings, and welcome to the literate roleplay group, Ruins of Asper!

We are an all-species group set in the universe of Asper, a desolate land where humans have become extinct and many dangers lurk in shadows. Wolves and lions, dogs and cats, each put aside their differences for one reason and one reason only: survival.

Background

You are a loner who washes up on the shore of a small island. Snow and ice cover the land, with the occasional fir tree becoming visible through the harsh blizzard. The sun never rises by day, but the blue moon smiles upon what little life that still lives by night.

Those still living on the island come together as a group to survive. Above them all stand four: a Feline King and Queen, and a Canine King and Queen. They restore balance and order to the chaos that once reigned, and the group of Asperians left follow under them; follow the Path of Twilight.

The Path of Twilight

The Path is what holds the motley group together. It is the belief that somehow, throughout the troubles and pains they push aside, there will be a purpose to their lives. It is said that the Feline and Canine Kings and Queens have an ability to channel the energy of the Path, which is why they rose to their ranks.

The Asperian Ranks

King

One feline and one canine ascends to this position. This cannot be applied for. It must be obtained through an heir to the previous Feline or Canine King.

Queen

One feline and one canine ascends to this position. This is decided by the reigning King of the time, be they Canine or Feline. The power of the Path channels through the bond of the King. It is Asperian belief that if either King dies, their mated Queen will perish with them. You cannot apply for this position.

Deputies

A Canine Deputy and Feline Deputy each is chosen. They take care of things should their corresponding Royal Pair be busy. Deputies may choose a mate of any rank within the group, but said mates will not be considered a Deputy, nor will they have power greater than their original rank. This rank cannot be applied for.

Elites

One feline and canine are chosen from the Warriors for this position. They are the leaders of the Warriors and Hunters. They, just like Deputies, may choose their mate from any rank below their own (unless they themselves are chosen by a Deputy), but their mate will not be considered an Elite. This rank cannot be applied for.

Warriors

Any canine or feline who believes themselves strong enough can become a Warrior. They fight and hunt for the group and are directly commanded by the Elites. They must listen to any order an Elite (or any accompanying Deputy or Royal) gives them. This position can be applied for.

Pioneers

One canine and one feline is chosen from the Outriders for this position. These Asperians lead the Outriders on various patrols around the land. They are also given the task of sorting out guard posts. As with the rank of Elites, they may take mates, but their mates will not be considered a Pioneer. This position cannot be applied for.

Outriders

Any canine or feline with a good eye for dangers and is prominent in speed especially may be an Outrider. Outriders both guard and patrol specific areas, and are directly under the Pioneers' command. They are expected to simply scout out and guard, not to fight. Usually the more lightly-built Asperians are better suited for this role. It can be applied for.

Medics

Four may obtain the rank of Medic: two felines and two canines. These four females are under the command of the reigning Feline and Canine Queens, and may not take mates nor birth young of their own. Sometimes they may be sent out on the battlefield with the Elites and Warriors, in which case they fall under the command of the Elites (or Deputies, depending on their presence). This rank can be applied for.

Ambassadors

This additional rank is chosen from one of the Outriders. One feline and one canine, they fall under the command of the reigning Feline and Canine Kings. They relay messages to and from allied forces and Branch Clans. This position cannot be applied for.

The Watcher

One feline or canine is chosen to guard the Shrine of the Path's entrance. It is a very mundane but necessary role within the group, as the Shrine is sacred to every Asperian, and many enemies may often try to usurp its peace. This position cannot be applied for.

Youths

Young fall under this rank automatically.

!! Characters are expected to fall under this category for at least seven days before maturing to full adulthood. Adolescence is achieved after four days. !!

Public

This is the starting rank for every member. They help raise young when their parents are under higher commands.

Branch Clans and Allied Forces

Branch Clans fall under the title of Asperians, but of a smaller scale. None as of yet.

Allied Forces may request aid from the Ruins of Asper group for battles, and Asperians may request aid from them in turn. None as of yet.

These two positions may be applied for.

Rules of the Group

• Please respect other members when not roleplaying. I don't mind if your character is the biggest jerk ever, but out-of-character insulting, name-calling and other such acts are unacceptable.
  • When in-character, you must respect the King and Queen. Punishments may be given where they are necessary, but that does not give your character consent to try and usurp the peace.
  • If you have a major plot idea for the group, please discuss it with a King or Queen before carrying it out.
  • Swearing is frowned upon. While I myself am personally not bothered by it, there may be other members of the group who are younger. Please respect them.
  • Please roleplay in a literate and mature manner. While I do not expect you to post thousands of words a time, I do at least expect a few lines, preferably with correct spelling and grammar. Please see below for information on mature roleplaying if you are unsure of what this means.
  • Have fun! If you are not enjoying the roleplay, then don't force yourself to be a part of it. While we would be sad to see you go, we won't scream and cry about it if you want to leave.
  • Please keep your character realistic in appearance for the purposes of the group's background.

Application

[Picture of Character]
Character Name
In-Game Username

Breed: (Your character can be a dog, wolf, lion, cheetah, anything realistic. Dog-wolf hybrids are accepted, but any others are a no-go.)
Appearance: (A short description will suffice if you have a picture already above. If, like me, you are unable to upload pictures, a longer description is necessary.)
Personality: (What's your character like?)
Dislikes: (What do they hate?)
Fears: (I expect something to be put here. Everyone fears something, whether it's something as little as insects, to fear itself.)
Biography: (Doesn't have to be really long, but an in-depth look at your character would be handy.)
Rank Wanted: (You can choose from Warriors, Outriders and Medics.)
Roleplay Sample: (Show us how you roleplay!)

Application Example

I'll post my own character's application here as an example.

Argent
Lux Lucis

Breed: Wolf.

Appearance: Argent is mainly white, with darker grey markings covering his rump and hind legs. His cheeks have grey marks that reach down past his jawline and the backs of his ears have darker grey splotches. His tail is white with a single grey ring around the center. His eyes are a deep ultramarine blue.

Personality: Argent was a born leader. He's very selfless, and goes out of his way to help another, constantly getting himself into trouble because of it. He has a natural talent with strategies in battle, and as a result his subjects have never lost a fight so far. He's a very proud being, always holding his head high.

Likes: The colour gold, running and sleeping. He also loves a good riddle.

Dislikes: Argent hates to be left out of the loop. If everyone knows something and he doesn't, he gets very annoyed.

Fears: Losing everything he has worked for so far (i.e. his people).

Biography: Argent had had a pretty uneventful life before the Purge. Humans and their wars had destroyed the world before they'd realised it, leaving only stragglers behind as each died, one after the other. His mother, and her mother, and even her mother had passed down the story of how eventually, every single human lay dead. As the Earth went into lockdown, another ice age settled in, rendering many animals unable to survive. Slowly, they died out.

Argent himself was born during this age of darkness and frost. Together with his friends, he created a safe haven for all animals alike, providing each and every one with the chances to survive through the harsh times. The desolate land had claimed many. Civilisations had crumbled long ago, and now there was hardly anywhere for the land to live.

The small motley group continued on in the world until finally, they were guided to an island. Argent and his small entourage eventually came to settle in this vastly uninhabited land, and took to calling it Asper - the rough land. They discovered the Shrine of the Path during their time here, and as Argent was chosen to ascend to the position of the First Canine King, he envisioned a time of peace, where all species could live together under the laws of the Path. He walks the endless Path of Twilight with the rest of the Asperians, and in his blood there has been a change; due to the power of the Path, he has gained a small, but useful ability. He can tell when someone lies, and has since discovered that his senses have heightened under the Path's teachings. He knows that whoever he chooses for the rank of Feline King and Queen, and his own Canine Queen will be granted similar abilities, though he is unsure as to whether they will be the same or if they will differ with each individual.

Roleplay Sample: Snow fell around a pale figure standing on the ice in short bursts, the wind gusting around it mysteriously. The sky was dark, just as it always had been, and always will be. Through the fog and snow, Argent knew he must have looked like some sort of an idiot, standing in all this freezing cold. A smile made its way onto his muzzle, his expression twisting into a calm joy. "Welcome to Asper, New One."

Website and Map

We have a website in the making and a completed map so far. You can sign up for the website even though it's lacking in most areas as of yet, but you will have to ask me directly - in-game, on the site, or on here - for the link to the site and map download.

Please note that any inactive members may be removed. If you're going to be absent for a while, please let myself or one of the other leaders know so we won't remove you. Thanks!

EDIT: New rank added, and now we have a member list! Please make sure you fill up the Outriders position as well, so far Warriors is dominating the numbers.

Members

Canine King

Argent

Canine Queen

Malachite

Feline King

None as of yet.

Feline Queen

Sylvanas

Deputies

None as of yet.

Elites

Argentum

Warriors

Killer
Obsidian Twilight
Frost
Araza
Katari

Pioneers

Lynch
Fennec

Outriders

Sian
Celo

Medics

Password

Ambassadors

None as of yet.

Watchers

N/A

Youths

Rimu

Public

All new members are automatically placed here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:47:27 pm by Lux Lucis »

Offline pheonixking96

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ruins of Asper
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

Character Name: Killer
In-Game Username: pheonixking96

Breed: Tiger
Appearance: Large build, light browny-orange pelt, black mane and markings, & bright green eyes
Personality: fun, loving, strong willed & socially awkward (especially with girls)
Likes: Running, hunting, fighing, swimming, playing, meat & cookies :3
Dislikes: Vegetables, people bigger than him & birds
Fears: Spiders
Biography: When Killer was a cub he was taken away from his family by the Humans, and was forced to entertain them. He eventually managed to run away from his capters, however he has never been able to find a place he could call home...
Rank Wanted: Warriors
Roleplay Sample: The wind whistled through his mane as he looked up to the night sky, 'I wonder...' Killer thought to himself 'Are the stars really those close to us, who are now long gone?' he sighed, Killer didn't believe in such nonsense as this but when it came to trying to remember his family he did believe...

Offline Sirana

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:22:18 pm »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:32:22 pm by Melinda »
A proud member of Omada Mazi http://omada-mazi.proboards.com/index.cgi

Lux Lucis

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:24:04 pm »
Alright, both of you are clear. ^^ I'll whisper the site URL to you both so you can join and get the map download. Congrats!

Offline TigroDra

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • YAWE RP Community Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »
Application

Argentum
TigroDra
Breed: Wolf/Dalmation Mix (Mainly Wolf.)
Appearance: Argentum is Silver/Grey, which is where he got his name from, Argentum, meaning "Silver."
Personality: Argentum is a pretty down to Earth guy, and will be honest about things, but he will tell the odd lie or too, he wouldn't lie about anything serious thought. Of course he would risk his own soul for his pack/family/ect.
Likes: He likes a lot of sleep. (Otherwise he is grumpy.) Rain, Gossip, and the odd play fight.
Dislikes: Argentum dislikes Rain.
Fears: Fear of Fish
Biography: Argentum was born in a rough world, born in the middle of the war, he never really understood what family meant to him. His whole life changed when he became a Teenager, the war closed to an end, his sight on the world finally clear. To find a home. His parents are UN-known to this day, and on his never-ending quest, he meets new people, packs, and now a family, it was time to turn the page.
Rank Wanted: Warriors. (I really don't mind what my rank is, I am not a picky person.)
Roleplay Sample: Argentum raised his posture, flicking his tail, he moved swiftly to the right. "Mornin' Chapps!" Argentum was never a morning person, but, people couldn't be always moody.

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 04:32:39 pm »
Character Name: Password

Breed: SnowLeopard
Appearence: White pelt with the markings of a snow leopard her markings are black and her eyes are blue.  Above and below her eyes are black, she has ghoul ears and a full mane (white).  She has a lion tail and a white tail tip with her underfur white.
Personality: Is kind and helpful she will always try to help someone in need.  She hates fighting but will fight if she has to and when she does fight she is very good at it.  She doen't yet have a mate.
Dislikes: There isn't anything much that she dislikes
Fear: She fears stampedes and near death expieriences
Biography: Her parents cared for her very much and she once wondered away from them curiously, she was found by some humans and taken to a zoo she managed to escape and found herself trotting through the city.  She saw a ferry and climbed aboard and then jumped off when she saw an island.......Flourite Plains.
Role Play Sample:  -She sat relaxed on the highest peak of the hill, she held her head high and slightly puffed out her chest as a silent wind passed by simply to blow her silky fur.  She slightly dipped her head at the breeze and gently lay down-

Offline Lilly16

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »
Breed: hyena
Appearance: tan under belly, light brown pelt, black spots on back and  black ears and black mask on my face. no tail, brown eyes, black legs, medium sized i guess
Personality: stubborn, uses sarcasm alot, playful, usually nice, follows directions fairly well, doesnt like filling out long application jkjk. well not really jk but whatever.
Dislikes: hates when people yell at me for saying my own opinion
Fears: in fh is afraid of swimming and daddy long legs
Biography: i really dont have a bio, i dont know what to right for this one
Rank Wanted: i dont know about this one either
Roleplay Sample: i roleplay however everybody else is roleplaying

Offline Lilly16

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »
actually i roleplay like password

Offline NekeSha

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:23 pm »
Character Name: Katari
Breed: Caspartian Wolf (made up name >:3)
Appearance: http://kazthebest.deviantart.com/#/d3h1in4 Pelt and mane whole white with darker, sort of grayish markings, fading stripes on tail, swirl markings on cheeks and kinda looking like socks on her legs and eyes light blue.
Personality: She's usually cheerful, caring and doesn't get annoyed that easily, but she can get upset sometimes, if she does, she'll sit quietly and will try to be unnoticeable.
Likes: Having attention, to laugh out loud, white chocolate and apples, oranges, ras/strawberries :3
Dislikes: When people call her (silly) names and when someone plays with her mane without her permission >:U
Fears: Pain, mosquitoes and getting fat XD
Biography: Well, what can I say? She's usually nice and doesn't like to annoy people, her mother said that she's old enough to make her own pack or join another one. So she left home and started her search. Can't think of anything else to add really :/
Rank Wanted: Warrior/hunter <(mostly hunter)
Roleplay Sample: O_O I... have no idea what to write here -_-"

((I sort of rushed this ^^" and I still haven't learned how to add images into my posts))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:21:16 pm by Kalina »

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 04:43:38 pm »
Okay so i need to edit my biography and it says an error occoured so ill put my new biography here:         She lived with her parents and her older brother haapily until one day she wondered away curiously.  She got lost and wondered around for a long time looking for her family but, she never saw them again.  Every night you may see her looking up at the stars no-one knows why.