Author Topic: Objects with Lights  (Read 684 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Objects with Lights
« on: November 15, 2015, 02:11:17 am »
I haven't been able to find an answer to this. I've been adding some light effects to a lot of meshes through Object Maker, but when I place them into a map, not all of them (though some do) seem to have any sort of effect on the character, despite doing so in Object Maker. In one map I know that I have the same mesh on both sides of the map, but it only has an effect on the character on one of the sides.

Does the whole "Cannot create more than 3 lights!" thing apply to maps as well, with that you can only have 3 objects with lights added onto them in a map at a time? Do all of the lights only take effect once a map is exported? Is there something else I'm missing? Any answers would be appreciated! Sorry if this is a stupid question, I might just be missing something obvious xD

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Objects with Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:14:00 am »
Hmm, well, ye could always try and add the lights separately into the objects with the broken lights. I'm not so sure on the whole 3 lights limit, as I 'ave never worked with them. If it won't let ye add more than three in the object maker, it could very well be the same with the map maker.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Objects with Lights
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:31:50 am »
Your last questions there... No, to both of them. First off, you can put as many lights as you can in a map. x3 And they take effect all the time, although they may not be as obvious unless you got your character close enough to realize the difference in lighting. Nyan colors might do best, too, on the subject of lighting and stuff.

What you said firstly, though, I've never heard of. I'm not sure what's wrong there - Perhaps you can provide more details, like if they're always the same kind of lights and stuff?