Author Topic: How Has Your Character Evolved?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
How Has Your Character Evolved?
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:40:48 am »
I was looking at some of my characters and this question occurred to me. How has your character evolved? Interpret this question however you please---whether how they've changed in appearance, personal meaning, personality, character development, etc. etc.

My character, Turtle, has evolved a lot in my all aspects. He started out as a cat/dog/wolf mix and wore sunglasses and headphones. He had the name Squirtle, and was very just optimistic and didn't have many character traits.
Eventually, I changed his name to Turtle after getting some.. angry feedback (i didn't know anything about pokemon at the time i just thought squirtle sounded like a cool name ok) and decided to expand on him and his personality. He now had a family and backstory, but his appearance was still incredibly inconsistent.
Finally I changed him to a regular dog and made him a consistent color reference and appearance, and I balanced out his character a lot more than before. Now I still just try to develop him as much as possible through roleplay and try to make his personality as balanced as possible, and I'm very happy with his character now.

What about you? How has your character changed or evolved from their creation?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: How Has Your Character Evolved?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
Great topic!
I haven't really had Shurtle for a long time, not even a year yet; but he has actually evolved over the months very quickly. He went from this:

to this

to this

and then finally, to this!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:40:26 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how some of the users around here have changed.

Personally, Tooth has changed from a pale colored lion with a light mane and light face markings, to the darker pirate boy he is now. He was only going to be my tumblr blog mascot, and I never thought I would keep him as a character. I only recently started delving further into creating his backstory.

Edol has changed from being a small rusty colored puppy, to a huge dark dog. I've had him for over four years now, and only about a year ago did I start thinking about his backstory.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »
Hmm... I guess Fire has changed a bit.

She started out as just my runaround character, no backstory, etc. Until I made Faraji, then I was like "Hey! Ideaaa!" Then I made them both backstories. And then I remembered Laila on my third account, and went even more "Heyy!" And more stuff happened.

To cut it all short, Fire went from a runaround character with no backstory or anything, to the goofball she is now with all her friends in Inferno Park.

That's a cool topic, too <3

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:44:33 pm »
My character Baine use to be a grey wolf with no markings on him, but I changed him to a yellow Greyish canine, and made him look like a dog. He also has markings on him, so he can look unique, instead of being a regular grey wolf. Also my character use to act mean and aggressive, but I made him act quiet and friendlier. So he changed a lot through out the months.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
Scuttle was originally a parody of one of my old rogue cat OCs that I decided to make stereotypically ghetto, but then after roleplaying with her a bit, she kinda turned more neutral in personality. She also ended up with a hood and a huge tome of all her knowledge somehow during a fantasy rp. Whoops.
Cool topic, by the way. :3

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 08:11:30 pm »
Throwing it back to my first ever *real* character on FH, but my wolf/fox hybrid Akuma evolved quite a bit over the few years that I've had her. She's still resting on my old account and forvever will be my favorite character I made here, but a little bit about how she changed:

She started off in a demon/dark wolf pack (Black-Metal, for those of you who were familiar with it back in the days), with pretty much basic "noob" markings and bright colors. Although over time I toned down her colors to darker shades as I matured as a player, as I never had the guts to fully change her markings until I revamped her recently into a V.2.0. As I begin role-playing her more often, she kind of morphed as a whole character as well, until I really found a form that suited her. It went from demon, to wolf/fox hybrid created in a lab, to finally, just a psychopath. I found that her last phase fit her well so I kept it. xD She has been so dear in my heart and I can never seem to make a character that I love as much as her,

But anyways, interesting topic. c: It's very exciting to see how overtime characters develop and change, just like real people.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »
My main Fursona that inspired my account name has changed alot even the years before I got onto Feralheart. Her name was Recce.
I got this name from my Fursona's mother who had long abandoned me.
But Recce first started off as a pretty white wolf with baby Blue markings. I had kept her that way for a while- and then she was a blackish purple blue wold for another few years. Then I decided to change her recently to a black, white and frosty baby blue on FH and I think that design is here to stay! I was tempted to revert her back to her old colorings but I decided against it.

~Recce~

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 08:36:39 pm »
Awesome Topic. Nice to see how other people's creations change overtime. ?

Anyways, I have one 'main' character that I've only had for a couple of months now ( maybe longer, can't really tell ) but I instantly fell in love with them. Pandeer.

At first , Pandeer started out as a regular , chibi version of one my other character's 'P A N D A.' Nothing really too fancy, just a simple panda because I wanted to see how that character looked as a chibi and almost immediately I had gotten some lovely feedback about them. Afterwards , I started to grow a bit curious as to how they would look with a different shade of colour / items and such. When I stuck an antler on their head , and idea immediately came to me. I wasn't actually taking the character seriously but it was a curious mix I wanted to try. Browned out the fur / markings and changed the eye colours and BAM Pandeer was soon born. After about a few days of staying on this character, once again my mind was buzzing with ideas and I even created a little backstory for them both here and on the game. Lol. Soon I made a preset and started to include them as one of my main characters I use for the game and since then I've mainly been using this character all the time whenever I get the chance to play. Pandeer is like my new little mascot now and I'm practically using them even outside the life of Feral-Heart. Maybe one day I can make an actual 'Pandeer' ( Creation i.e Fursuit , Stuffed Animal , Etc. ) so I can have my very own to keep. Lol ~?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Legendary~Grace

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 01:05:05 am »
I've had many characters over the few years I've been on FeralHeart but I've only really had two characters that I've really developed and fell in love with. My first one was named Bella but since the main roleplay she was in died off and over the course of about a year and a half it didn't completely click and I lost the connection with her. It was also one of my first characters that I actually started to develop. I believe that I felt the need to restart on a new character to see how in-depth I could go with a new character. I guess you could say Bella was my practice and test character. She was a great character but from that I took the experience I had gained and took a step in a new direction.

Cazatella. She started as one of my regular characters just in a group I had many other characters in. Her name was actually Ellie back then and I didn't think Ellie was going to go anywhere but that changed when my good friend Darcus brought his character into the game. After leaving my group, I wasn't doing anything and I was seeking a really good group that I could dedicate my time and effort to but there wasn't any I was really interested in at the time. The Benevolent Wolf pack was the only pack that really had my attention and they still do to this day but I believe that I wasn't ready to take on such a well-developed group at the time. I really don't know why I didn't join them, but that was then so I can't really tell you.

Anyways, I got off track. Back to Ellie. Before the roleplaying occurred I had changed Ellie because I wasn't liking her name as much as I did and shifted her markings a bit. Her new name was Cazatella. One day me and Darcus decided to roleplay with each other. We enjoyed roleplaying with each other and over time we decided to have them become and couple and that's when the best thing in my life started. Intrepidus We started a group and that's when my character really started to grow. With a new group to plant her roots in, it became easier for me to roleplay with her. She grew into the best character I ever had, to this day I get on her almost everyday and I just really clicked with her. It's been almost two years and she has really changed. A lot has happened in her life, both good and bad. Unfourtanely, in roleplay Cazatella's and Darcus' relationship ended up not working so Cazatella went through a state of depression and struggled with several problems. But, that was when my other friend Vulcan brought his character into the world.

Vulcan was a character closed off to the world and it took Cazatella months to even open him up. Eventually, a whole year in real life passed and the two characters developed into beautifully formed characters and eventually they became a couple. To this day they are still together. Cazatella continues to grow along with the others she has met.

I think this post is long enough so I'll finish it up.

Replying to this has really got me to think about characters and how they develop. I've learned so much and I've come to notice that with dedication, loyalty, passion, time, and a combination of many things... Characters can develop into masterpieces.  

Cazatella is my character, the brown female. Vulcan who is owned and created by CrimsonThorn is the red male.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:11:25 am by Legendary~Grace »