Author Topic: What Do Your Usernames Mean To You?  (Read 12437 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
What Do Your Usernames Mean To You?
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »
I've noticed that there's a lot of different types of usernames across the forum and in-game, and I thought it would be interesting for everyone to share their username(s), why you chose them, what they mean to you, and even how to pronounce them.

VERY LONG HISTORY OF MY 800 USERNAMES:

Personally, I've gone through... A LOT of username changes xD But hey, no harm in that. Everyone's interests and opinions change as they age. I like having usernames that are unique, relate to me right now, and... well, aren't embarrassing.

My first username was greenart6. Way back when I was playing Webkinz. Man, that game was fun when I was younger, I miss it I chose the word 'green' because... well, I liked the color green. 'Art' because I liked to draw and do art and was just obsessed with all of that. And the number 6 because I was 6 years old when I made that username on Webkinz. That username stuck and I ended up using it for my first Feralheart account years later in late 2012.

Later, I moved onto the username Devynex, since 'Devyn' is my name and the 'ex' made it sound COOL. That username stuck for a long time until I made a character named Turtle and decided to switch my name to Turtlex, sometimes spelled as Tyrtlex if that username was taken on different websites. I'm still mostly known as Turtlex or Turtle to this day, even though I try not to use that username anymore.

For a short time last year I switched to NegativeTen, since it sounded like a cool and edgy username and also because I'm incredibly negative and pessimistic myself. I didn't stick with it for long. It was way too negative right off the bat and I didn't really like being known as that.

Now I go as TheGhostlyGoat, and I'm pretty satisfied with this username for the time being. I like ghosts and its spoooooky. The goat part is because I like goats, and the username isn't hard to pronounce or anything and flows together alright. It's kinda a cute sounding username, so I'm hoping I won't decide to switch to something else in like a week.

So, what about you? What's the meaning behind YOUR usernames? Any stories about them you want to share?

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: What Do Your Usernames Mean To You?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »
Well chose this username because I like the color of fire, and the element and for boss, I just randomly putted that word in there because I thought it would look cool, and it fitted my name more. I never change my username because I like this name a lot, and it's more easier to remember.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »
Well, my go-to username has always been 'babystrit'. The reason for that is a family thing. My sister has midlstrit, my bro has lilstrit, my mom has auntstrit, and my dad has unclestrit. So yeah. A family thing.

I then started using FireWolf197. The story behind that was... Well, I got WolfQuest and wanted a cooler name than babystrit. I was at first going to go for WaterWolf, but then was like "Nah, FireWolf sounds cooler!" and yeah.

I then started using SSFireWolf cause I wanted a name that didn't end with numbers and slapped 'SS' at the beginning of FireWolf, therefore creating "SSFireWolf'. I realized like, a long time later that it sounded like a boat, hah.

And yeah, that's how I came up with these three usernames of mine. Nice topic, by the way <3

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »
DEaTHBLaZEJESTeR - It sounds cool. Was obsessed with
Jesters at the time

Sempiblaze - My original username. Used on 3DSPlaza and Home4Dsi
Equinoxblaze - Another versions of sempiblaze

CustomerService and AtentionShoppers - had an obsessed with department stores at the time

Zircon and Zirecontic/Zyrkontik - Usernames Ive had on FH and IT, had them for a few years

Vomitory and VomitoryObake - Current usernames on FH and IT...and Deviantart. I just like the name
Vomitory and Obake because Yokai

Also My deviantart name (cant say it) - it was my old band name

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 06:30:51 pm »
My username NommyShark really is just there to represent my love for sharks. Not only that, but also the fact that sharks eat things, so I made the simplest decision to put 'Nommy' infront of it. Shurtle, on the other hand, as you can see it from my current Display Name, is just to show off the name of my OC. c:

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 06:35:14 pm »

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Baabaa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 08:27:24 pm »
I chose the username 'Baabaa' because I like sheep! heh. I've gone by that name since about 2013, but I've only recently come to Feralheart using this name!

No one can make you feel inferior, without your consent.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 09:27:32 pm »
Well, my original username for this game, LizTheLycan from 2013, was just my name, combined with lycan, because edgy werewolf phase.

Then I came up with TwistedLizard, a name I still use for most things (too lazy to change), because again, edgy, matched my sick, sick sense of humor, and hey, lizards are cool and sound like my name.

Scuttlefeet was originally a joke from League of Legends, because I would always be tryin' t'kill the Scuttlecrab while everyone else was goin' for dragons, so I made it my username there, and it became what I was known as from that point on. Later I changed my main character to Scuttle, and it sticked. The name is taken sometimes though, and I'll use Scuttlepaws or Scuttlebutt.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:31 pm »
My first FeralHeart account was Frostedsnow, mostly because it was my Warrior Cat name I came up with. Very cringy to be honest. xD

My second one was Cosmic-Wolf because I have a love for the Cosmos and wolves.

This one I called ArcticGalaxy because I've kinda always been fascinated by the Arctic. I don't like the cold very much, but snow is just gorgeous and of course the Galaxy part for my love of everything space!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 12:54:01 am »
warriorkitten means im a sinnamon roll

on the outside im weak and pathetic and on the inside im slightly less weak and pathetic

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972