Poll

Which plot would you like to see the most?

Talidae wants nature, Atoct wants human-like things
Talidae is captured by Atoct who is bringing shadows to the land
Free-for-all, no plot
Humans attack
Tension between major groups
One big group
Other? [comment/PM]

Author Topic: [WIP Roleplay] Legends of Talidae - NEEDING OPINIONS!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
[WIP Roleplay] Legends of Talidae - NEEDING OPINIONS!
« on: June 05, 2016, 03:01:55 am »
Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, please move if necessary!

Hello! Recently I've been working on creating a new Feralheart group. It's far from finished, but in order to go forward with making the maps and all, I need to decide on a plot. I don't have anyone to help me, so I decided to go to the forum to help me with making this group come to life!

Basics of the group:

It will be a semi-literate, multi-species group [accepting any creature that isn't human or humanoid, including real, extinct, fantasy, and custom creatures!] with a map. I want it to be a really accepting and fun roleplay, and hopefully one that will last for a long time. There will be multiple maps to accommodate all sorts of creatures, and there will be two unplayable god-like characters that watch over the land named Talidae and Atoct---though I'm still deciding how they will interact based on the plot.

I'm making a Proboards website for it and that has some more information. It's pretty WIP for right now, and the whole design is mostly a placeholder for until later when I make some better graphics. If you're interested in making an account and posting a bit on the forum that's perfectly fine! >LINK TO THE SITE<

Now I'm just trying to think of a plot so that I can build everything around that. I have a couple of ideas in mind--to be honest, I don't even like all of the ideas! But hey, its just brainstorming, nothing wrong with that! c:

So, I'm just wondering which plots you would personally find interesting? I don't promise I'll use the most popular plot---but I'll use that to think of other ideas related to it!

THE PLOTS:

1. Talidae wants nature, Atoct wants human-like things - This isn't good vs. evil, merely just a matter of opinions. Atoct and Talidae previously got along just fine, being all natural and letting nature take its course. However, Atoct proposed that they move away from nature and try to become more like our humans are. Using tools, better medicine, constructing buildings and houses, etc. However, Talidae strongly disagrees with this and wants to stay put with their current 'technology' and remain the way nature intended it to. The two gods have started to fight, and many animals have taken sides. [Humans do not exist in this roleplay, but

2. Talidae is captured by Atoct who is bringing shadows to the land - More of a good vs. evil rp. Talidae has kept everything running and everyone has been at peace. However, Atoct has arrived with his army, wanting only power and to slaughter all who oppose him. Atoct has brought shadows to the land, and captured Talidae. Will you fight against Atoct and rescue Talidae, or will you help Atoct and fight with the promise of safety as long as you follow him? [No humans in this roleplay]

3. Free-for-all, no plot - It says it all there. There's no official giant plot, everyone can just do whatever they please, and some sub-plots may develop within time. It would more be focused on interactions between each other, ranking up, etc. Talidae and Atoct rule together in peace. [No humans in this roleplay]

4. Humans attack - Humans have attacked and threatened Talidae and Atoct's land, and the animals must fight back. [Humans obviously in the roleplay, and are able to be played]

5. Tension between major groups - There are a few major groups that all animals fall into, no matter what species you are. They originally lived in peace, but due to disagreements between the leaders, war has broken out. There would be about 3 or 4 major groups that characters would fall into based on personality.

6. One big group - There's just one huge big group everyone is apart of. Like free-for-all, but everyone must be in a group.

7. Other? [comment/PM] - If you have any other plot suggestions, I would love to hear them! The basic requirement is that all species are allowed and that Talidae/Atoct is apart of it (They do not have to be apart of the plot, but one/both of them will be ruling the land)

Feel free to share opinions! I really need some other inputs for this. Otherwise if anyone would just be interested in joining this RP if I happen to be successful making it, feel free to tell me! I'd like to know if this would be an actually interesting RP.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP Roleplay] Legends of Talidae - NEEDING OPINIONS!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
Bump. Really need opinions :P Or just any feedback in general.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:56:55 pm »
-Scoots in- I really like the sound of this RP, it sounds super awesome<3 I'm getting the vibes from plot line number 2 honestly, but I would suggest going with whatever you like the best or whatever you'll have the most fun role-playing yourself. If you're worried about the whole good v. evil thing sounding a little too cliche, you could always throw some things in there to spice things up. For example, maybe the good cause isn't really a good one, but there is a vast majority that believes it to be good. (e.x. Cutting down the forest is a good cause, because we have paper and other resources -- but really, it does more destruction than good.) Maybe you could even find a way to bring personal belief into it as well, as characters will have to choose over a moral belief and simply not a good/bad cause.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:28:56 pm »
I personally like the human vs. nature plot. It seems like more room for fantasy to come into play without the often overused good vs. shadows plotline. I also agree with Kynvuu with the whole matter of beliefs and opinions rather than what's actually right or wrong.

This does seem like a neat group though, and I'm keen to join regardless of which plot you choose.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 02:42:00 am »
Thanks for the opinions guys! I do like the idea of moral choice, since I am trying to avoid the whole good vs bad thing (since usually one side gets greatly outnumbered by the other, and there's not a lot of people who are naturally 'evil'.) I'll have to do some thinking on what I could do to make the second plotline or whatever I choose more human-like, with choices that would be more evenly-split between members.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 03:15:00 am »
Well, if you are looking for ways to more evenly distribute members, try to make both parties equally charismatic and avoiding cliches, which you seem to be doing a good job with so far! Also maybe some kind of stratification regarding fantasy creatures and wilder creatures being distrusting of "man-related" animals in the first plot option, etc.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 12:00:11 am »
Well, if you are looking for ways to more evenly distribute members, try to make both parties equally charismatic and avoiding cliches, which you seem to be doing a good job with so far! Also maybe some kind of stratification regarding fantasy creatures and wilder creatures being distrusting of "man-related" animals in the first plot option, etc.

Ooh, I like the idea of the fantasy animals being distrusting of man-related animals. I think I might go with the second option, except have it changed up a little bit to be less good vs. evil, maybe even kinda combine the first two options together.