Author Topic: Personal Notes - Forum Suggestion  (Read 2098 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Personal Notes - Forum Suggestion
« on: July 14, 2016, 11:35:55 pm »
As there have been new boxes added to our profiles for our social media, a bio section, etc. I was wondering if this was possible.

Personal Notes are on most Proboards sites. All it is is just a box for you to write things that only you will see, no one else. I think this would be really handy. I've wanted one so I could easily access color codes I use, make a to-do list, etc. There's a lot of uses for one, whether it be using it to store some bookmarks to threads on the forum, a to-do list (as i mentioned before), brainstorming ideas, etc. I'm sure everyone would have a different use for it.

I'm just not sure if it'd be possible to have it actually be personal and not allowing anyone else besides the creator to see it, cause really allowing other people to see it would kinda defeat the purpose. I don't know, this idea just randomly occurred to me and I thought it would be a nice addition.

SIDE NOTE: While going to post this I remembered about that Forum Polls board. What's up with that? I mean, I get the purpose and all, but why hasn't it been used since like 2012 or been deleted or anything? I think that board could still be used by the staff to post polls and such about the forum or just wanting general opinions from the community. Otherwise I think it could just be deleted if it's completely inactive and doesn't really need to be used anymore. Idk, just wanted to bring that up.

Opinions? I think it'd be handy and I don't see any issues with adding it aside from the fact that I'm not sure if the whole "no one else can see it" would be possible or not, but I'm not sure. And by the way I think it could be renamed to something else besides Personal Notes, that's just what its called on Proboards so that's what I was calling it for the sake of this thread lol.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Personal Notes - Forum Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:47 pm »
This must happen omg. I would love to have something like this. Especially since I'm one of the most forgetful people on this planet. xD

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »
This sounds like a great idea. :3

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:18 pm »
This is a brilliant idea! It would defiantly be useful for remembering stuff and such, I have the absolute worst memory of all time, so I would probably use this allot.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:13:29 am »
I don't really want to sound silly, but Wordpad/Notepad anyone? Though, it's worth a shot.
If it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt either. And I must totally agree with you about this Forum Polls board.

Also, this idea was already suggested back in early 2012 - Personal notes. '^^
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:17:38 am by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 12:43:06 am »
I don't really want to sound silly, but Wordpad/Notepad anyone? Though, it's worth a shot.
If it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt either. And I must totally agree with you about this Forum Polls board.

Also, this idea was already suggested back in early 2012 - Personal notes. '^^

Ah, I didn't know there was another thread on it :o Well, I don't go looking at 2012 threads too often xD And maybe it's possible now with the forum being updated, though I know nothing about the whole SMF thing and so I'm not sure.

But Notepad isn't too useful when it comes to stuff like this (unless I'm an idiot and have been using Notepad completely wrong). I only see it as a file editor program personally, and although you could save notes on it, I don't think it would be too convenient to have to navigate to that file just to see those notes--unless you wanted to have it open all the time, but that'd just be pretty annoying in my opinion. As some other people brought up in that thread it'd be nice having the notes in an easily accessible spot instead of in some folder on your computer that could easily get lost (I forget where like half my files are located myself) and such.

Plus a just Feralheart-orientated personal notes would be nice, where you could just find it in your browser instead of having to open up other programs (like with Sticky Notes and such. I use Sticky Notes a lot, but it's not that convenient for my lazy self to have to go find that program whenever I need something from it, unless I pin it to my already fairly full and messy taskbar or just keep it always open). I do see that side of the argument though :o