Author Topic: The FH Community  (Read 1699 times)

wolfdog01

The FH Community
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:21 am »
Hokay, so let me explain first. I want to thank all of the community for being so awesome at what they do and for being just so gosh darn friendly ^^. I was on an IT server I had recently joined, and I did notice a few similariities between FH and this game (will not be mentioned because I don't want others lashing at it). But there was one thing I did notice, a lot of people came from FH to there. But the few people that I have met, a few bashed FH. And....it hurt me. What did I do? I calmly asked them why and then told my point of view and gave suggestions. One even said they got banned "for no reason"....okay....okay...hold up. That stuff doesn't JUST happen, that guy seemed like he had a bitter personallity so I just kept quiet, he praised the IT server and kicked ours in the dirt.

*rant done*

Now, let me get to the praise. After all of this, I felt like FH deserved better. We are a great community with honest people and a VERY loyal staff! We may not be able to update, but sure as heck that we don't make the best of our situations. Our mods are updates, our presets are new bodies, and our maps are new lands to explore! We do get updates! Maybe not in the way we want, but we do technically have them, in my eyes at least. FH is the ONLY game that I have gotten into the forums on. Why? Because everyone is so welcoming and willing to be there for you! We cry when a close friend leaves and welcome old friends with loving arms. Others may say that our forum and game is unfair and ridiculous. You know what I say? You've never meet the forums, the people, or the game. The ones that bash us do not interact with others and sit in corners, then complain that no one will talk to them. So all I have to say is that, honestly, FH is the most loving and family-feelings community I have ever seen.
Not too sure what all I was going for here lol, had a bit of anger in me and had to get it out. So Idk if this would be in Praise or discussion....Move it if need be ^^;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: The FH Community
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »
The more one get involved with a community, the more time one spend in it trying to look around a corner and do good, usually the more personal things get when shallow complaints or ridiculous claims about the game or community get thrown around, especially if you know there's more to it. I will not say that a complaint is not valid when no time is spent trying to improve what exists, but just like any other thing out there I feel like more reason and weight goes into someone's thoughts and criticism or even complaints when they've done the better to do something about it, taking things into account of why certain things are the way they are and not just spew things out. People tend to be quick to jump the gun which is a problem. There's truly a lot to learn about this community and I'm probably not alone in thinking this.

I'm certain that there's a lot of players out there currently on IT servers that do not think too well of FeralHeart, whether it's because of bans, rude users they met, the rules that exist or simply because they find the game boring and not for them, and this is really to be expected since that's how things just got laid out with the current and past position and history of this game(which not all or even most will take into account).

FeralHeart is no exception when it comes to how people behave online, but some in the community still try to make the best of it and encourage others to follow them which honestly makes a big difference. Others they really go to far in their narrow thinking and put a lot of blame and pointing fingers on FeralHeart or even FH staff even though it's not really unique to this community nor any worse. Even though I personally is not the best at this, trying to focus on the good things will get you further. I really believe there's something more to it that we have users logging onto the forum every day more than it just being a forum for the game.

FeralHeart really is what you make it, so if someone thinks it's a stupid game that got you banned for barely talking in the chat or just dancing with friends(I'm sure you get what I mean here), with idiots that do not know how to talk and characters you cannot do anything with, then that's what it's going to be. But that doesn't mean it can for someone else be an interesting game to be your fursona, to meet new people where there's a reasonable tolerance of what's allowed and expected, where people can develop and learn something new.

FeralHeart is not for everyone and I'm cool with that, but sometimes it would be nice to see more reasonable discussion about why "nay" and why "yay" over FeralHeart.
Former community manager of FeralHeart