Author Topic: Yes, a map issue  (Read 3299 times)

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
Yes, a map issue
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:30:52 am »
OK, so am I supposed to do some thing to get my own objects to show up in my maps? Cause in map maker the show up and I can climb on them and all that good stuff, but if I go to the map through Cape Of Distant Worlds those objects are no longer there. Or will it just not work until I export my map? (Sorry for posting a map maker question, I know there are a lot of those  :-[  )

Wolfsoul143

Re: Yes, a map issue
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »
It's ok, I think you have to export the object P-P. Are you using new items or the ones already there?

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 03:20:16 pm »
I'm having a similar issue with 'custom' objects. First is trees - I have four different variations I'm alternating trying to figure out why it won't. The only trees that show up in my map are fir trees and oak trees but I have red oaks and cherry blossom trees in it. Exporting does not fix the problem.

Then I have an issue with crystals-with-no-glow not showing up but the crystals-with-glow will show up which is kind of amusing. :P

And yeah it all works perfectly in mapmaker and vanishes when I test it out on a character. I have also had a friend test it out and they don't see the items either so its again not something to be fixed by exporting...

It's so much easier to fix a problem when you actually know what the problem is. x.x lmao

Edit: Oh! Also the birch trees I downloaded from Wombat the other day won't work...pretty much the same as the cherry tree thing....Maybe there's a coding difference? *hunts*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:23:24 pm by Aedre »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:33:00 pm »
Have you exported it previously to test it?

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »
They are all objects like the cliff. Nothing special, and yes I have exported all the objects. But I haven't tried exporting the map yet cause it's no where close to being done.

Wolfsoul143

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:23 pm »
Export it. Simple enough

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
I tried that, it didn't work.

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 10:10:25 pm »
Great, now I'm getting this. (After I exported my map)

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »
XD I don't have anything so simple as an error message.

Ok. So I took an acacia tree. I took its acaciaLeafYellowMat and made a acaciaLeafYellowMat2 and made it pink and added it to the material file. There is no reason machine-wise, lag-wise, or foreign-object-wise that it should not show up.

This is how the example map I made in mapmaker looks. It is a standard yellow-leafed acacia tree, a previously existing game item with pre-existing code and pre-existing texture, next to a pink-leafed acacia that the only difference is a hue change and a 2 added to the name. The code is perfect so far as I can tell.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Aleakim/screenshot_08022011_185540223.png

This is how it looks after I export it when I test it with my character:

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Aleakim/screenshot_08022011_185658285.png

I'm just confused. XD

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:38 pm »
That's exactly what was happening to me before I exported my map