Author Topic: Advertising Chat  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Advertising Chat
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:35:17 pm »
People seem to use the general chat to advertise their characters, whether it's looking for a mate, or advertising a wolf RP or whatever, the only problem is is that sometimes there are wrong times to advertise. Especially when the people in general are being silly idiots who overuse the :3 face.

So I thought that we could add a chat section where people can advertise what they want. That way they won't be the odd one out in the ongoing stupidity in the general chat.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:24:06 pm »
There has been quite a few threads about this, and I understand those whom actually try to send out a more important message to the users, but it quickly gets drowned in other things that users could've used local, group, party for instead.

The only one that could do something about this matter is kov right now though, and I'm not sure when or if any changes could happen to prevent this.

I made a thread about a few things, the chat in particular, feel free to read.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=12003.0

There's ways this could be sorted, but then it actually has to be done.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »
Great thread, Red (LOL RHYMES). I agree with everything on there, including animations and stuff like that.

But why would adding a new chat window "hurt"? Or why should it? I mean, there are thousands of users who advertise their characters, yet they get flooded down with stupidity in general. Of course, everyone is allowed to have fun, but the point is the general chat is usually very annoying.

Anyway, nuzzled.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:40 pm »
I thank you for taking the time reading it.

Well, the main idea of having it's own window is fairly simple(Even though it will be the very same one, just shows 1 of the chats at the time).

When people spazz around in general chat, the whole chat along with all the functions change drastically of what it used to be. Those that like to randomly chat, rp, scream things, and just derping around in the general chat, often have a problem with those that are actually advertising. It's really a competition of who's the best at grabbing everyone elses attention.

If there was a very own chat window for the users in the game that likes to chat, and it has the very same function as general has right now, everyone would be happy. The chats wouldn't cross over eachother, and those that just want to talk more calm in local or see what others have to say on a crowded night without the need of  focusing on the chat every millisecond could do so. And those that want to chat with everyone over the map about everything and nothing, have their very own chat window, in which no advertising would plop in the way of their chat.

If the general chatting had it's very own chat window, and the advertising it's very own function the chats would look more clean and easy to read.

There's 6 different chat functions that show up in the same chat at this moment. 6, for one window.
Former community manager of FeralHeart