Author Topic: My opinion on the general chat.  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
My opinion on the general chat.
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:16:41 pm »
Ever since May 2011, FeralHeart was always the best animal game I ever played. The detail is outstanding, the things you can do in the game are much more than satisfactory, and in all it's just a great game.

But aside from it's amazing features, there are some things about the community that I just dislike. The wolves are highly overrated, you have den claimers,  but worst of all? The General chat.

There are periods when it's good to advertise, and then there are periods when it's the wrong time. The wrong time is when people are being stupid and silly and overuse the :3 and XD faces. The :3 face especially. What is it supposed to be? It's not cute, and it looks like a face that has boobs for a mouth.

Sometimes you can strike up a good conversation, but in all honesty, people are just being so stupid that I don't even understand what the heck is going on. Today there was an apparent s*itfest (is it ok to swear here?) about moms and crack, and I'm like "What the heck is going on?"

So really, the general chat is just severely overrated and full of stupid idiots. It floods down advertisements, and people never get replied to. I advertised if there were any fox RP's or cheetah RP's but there wasn't.

But overall, outside the general chat, the community is satisfactory.

kittenzrcute

Re: My opinion on the general chat.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:32:29 pm »
i disagree well with bonfire and ficho yes their general should be disabled but a lot of people in the plains have fun with general,and that includes me!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: My opinion on the general chat.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:20 pm »
I'm sorry to hear this raikou, and it has been proven that a lot can go wrong in that chat, however, there's lots of people out there that do have it as a reason to log on, which can seem wrong at times.

If the subjects that are talked about in the chat are really bad, they should get reported to us so we can take a look at them cause otherwise chances are they will get away with it. The chats are meant to stay clean.

I will say a thing I've mentioned in other threads before.

Due to the current map layout that the game use, the amount of users playing at one time, the hard time getting ingame rules across to newer such as older users, and the lack of updates, this will most likely stay there until something can be done.

I will go ahead and post another thread of mine in this cause general chat is a big part of it, feel free to read it and I'm sure you understand where I'm heading.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=12003.0

There's many things that could be improved, but it's hard even getting anywhere when there's a plentiful amount that do use it exactly the way you explained.
Former community manager of FeralHeart