Author Topic: Wing Critique/review  (Read 4070 times)

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wing Critique/review
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 12:48:38 am »
the wings suck, simple. they look awful and the flight cycle and movement is all wrong too! it totally needs redone. its like kovu hasnt put any effort into it at all.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:46 am »
As I said on DA:

I wanna know what happened to these -snip- D: These were looking promising.

Well I actuallly do have an answer to that. Someone on DA replyed with this:

I can answer that.

~ThaddeusGrey was accepted into two colleges back to back, leaving her with no time to finish the wings she had started.
So instead, we got half-assed/quickly thrown together wings to quiet people down and appease the masses. :/

Ohhhh O:

http://nekonotaishou.deviantart.com/art/FH-Idea-Bird-Wings-258223204 These look better too, but I dont think they're part of the FH team.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 12:27:05 pm »

~ThaddeusGrey was accepted into two colleges back to back, leaving her with no time to finish the wings she had started.
So instead, we got half-assed/quickly thrown together wings to quiet people down and appease the masses. :/
[/quote]

i didnt want wings anyway, but i may have changed my mind if they looked ok. seriously i would have much rather have waited a lot longer to have better looking wings with a much better flying cycle than this.... it just looks... terrible

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 04:03:22 am »
yesh, the FH wings should look more 3d and more realistic in my opinion! they should probably flap better also. and animations when going down should be different. need i say more?  :D
I need a new signature.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 06:55:30 am »
I do agree that no matter what's done with the texture, the wings need help, but what's really bothering me is the movement of the lion/wolf itself in flight. That is to say, there really is none. If a quadruped were to actually fly, the limbs and tail would at the very least respond to centrifugal force when moving/hovering, and the body would move slightly up and down in time with the wings rather than the oddly underwater-looking rise and fall we have now. Basically, I don't fly that much simply because it weirds me out steering around an animal that's stiff enough to look none-too-recently deceased.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:16 am »
Agreed, the flight animation could use some adjusting as well. Ive gotten many messages on deviatntart about that particular subject.

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 11:49:44 pm »
I agree, the wings need a lot of work. They're stiff, the texture is ugly, and the animation needs a tune-up. But remember that wings weren't a part of the original game plan. I'm sure they can be redone in later versions.