Author Topic: Your views on Sopa and Pipa  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Seam

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Your views on Sopa and Pipa
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »
I didnt see one of these threads so i thought i would start this topic to hear from you guys your views on these acts that are being forced through congress.

What is it?

"Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA."
"The U.S. government could order the blocking of sites using methods similar to those employed by China. Among other things, search engines could be forced to delete entire websites from their search results."
Quote taken from the google information blog. Google>click on google icon>BAM blog thing

Want more information, check out this Youtube video, it explains a lot!
WTF is SOPA ? aka The American Government trying to ruin the internet

What do I think?

Personally, i am against these two acts. Why? Because they wont work, and it will block Americans, as well as others who do not live in the states from getting information that could be very important (America has a large influence on the internet). They say it is for taking down rouge sites, but it will have far more dangerous and annoying outcomes. In the youtube video above, he basically gives a scenario that goes along the lines of "You get into a car accident. The car that hit you is a toyota so you sue the toyota company for hiting your car." This is true for the Sopa and Pipa acts. If these acts are put through congress, it will give the American government complete ruling over blocking websites because even just one of their users have posted copyright material. They dont blame the copyright poster, they will punish the whole community. This is not right. What type of sites will be affected by this? Well a few comonly known ones are Photobucket, Deviantart, Facebook, Twitter, TinyPic and many more!!! So America, dont take away my rights!!! Please, i think we have enough censorship as it is, dont block the internet!

This is why im against Sopa and Pipa. You dont have to agree with me, all im asking is what you guys think about it? Please before posting, understand a little bit of what these laws will do if they are passed. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:33:39 pm by TeN.~ »

Avie by Ramine <3 thank you

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Your views on Sopa and Pipa
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:09:34 am »
Good news, I'm against SOPA and PIPA! If those mouse-brained laws are passed, everyone are going to start a riot on whoever made sopa/pipa and my mom and her friends will get very mad for Facebook being deleted just for this fox-hearted law. I seen allot of complains comments on deviantart, some of them had some bad words. I was thinking about joining deviant art until this  law blocked my path. And if this law is passed, I won't ever see wolfquest radio again because this law might shutdown YouTube!! I hope this law doesn't block feralheart,Disney and wolfquest as those sites are my favortive! (trying not to be harsh or mean, I just don't want this law to be passed) and this law might make people lose their jobs.
Signature by Green

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:51 am »
Off all the dumb laws that the government has given to Congress, these two have taken the cake.

1. Even if they pass it, any Judge can overrule it in court as an infraction on freedom of speech, since it would be "silencing" Americans on the internet, and prohibiting them from hearing other people's opinions. There's a reason we aren't a communist country like China, that likes to censor the knowledge and information their people get. We have unalienable rights that we have written for our people, and they can't just be overturned because some companies have their undies in a bunch. If ANY congressman even dares to vote yes for it, they'll probably lose a lot of constituents, so I don't think they'd try to bite that bullet.

2. No matter how tight you make copyrights...it is still easy for people to get illegal copies of just about anything. Enough people have them on their computers and already in archives that they could easily find another way to distribute. Instead of trying to make stricter laws, maybe our country should step back and look at our own paradigm, and why is has become okay to "steal" content online, even when we oppose thievery from shops and businesses. It's more of a cultural issue that needs to be dealt with than something that laws are going to stop.

I swear, if these pass, and are upheld in court, it's time for me to flee to another country. >.> Sweden has good food, maybe there. LINGONBERRIES FTW.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:59:04 am by Windance »

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
The fact we are rioting is good but we need a patition. I was going to make a patition here and in real life so I wannu beg everyone to make a patition in real life and in active sited other than here and see how many people sign it. If it works out we will have over 9000 people sign it.

The liar and the thief

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »
The fact we are rioting is good but we need a patition. I was going to make a patition here and in real life so I wannu beg everyone to make a patition in real life and in active sited other than here and see how many people sign it. If it works out we will have over 9000 people sign it.

There is already a petition, the blackouts tend to have a link to it or them, I think there is only one official petition the people will listen to, no clue which one that is.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Seam

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »
If we dont know the correct one... SIGN THEM ALL >:D muhahahahaha

Avie by Ramine <3 thank you

Nina Istatkov

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »
SOPA STRIKE !!!! IM agnist SOPA too ..and also I bet they re gona shut down FH cuz there are a lot of mediafire links ....arent they?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »
No, they won't shut down FH just because of media fire links >.> Just shut down Mediafire probably, no effect on the game itself there.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho