Author Topic: Mesh requests  (Read 3335 times)

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
Mesh requests
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »
Is it possible to make these?
1: A demonic, evil underworld-looking throne (Hades throne)
2: Purple fire (If thats impossible, then its fine)
3: A bone-tomb (Tomb made out of bones)
4: A Demonic-evil looking altar-type thing
5: Bone-pot things
6: Other Underworld-demonic type stuff....(Like dead tree's to..unless thats already on FH.) Sorry, can't think of anything else..>_< (Anything you can think of.)
Colors needed for this stuff: Dark purple, Red, Black, Green, Grey
Also...I might have trouble downloading this stuff..So if its not to much trouble, feel free to tell me how to install all of it on FH. (Unless theres already a topic telling you how to do that, then I'll look for that.)
Ok...thats all. (Using all this because I'm working on an Underworld map....Incase you couldn't tell...XD       )
(Also, a quick question.. Is it possible for me to turn Water into Lava on the map maker?)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:40:53 pm by baltosaa »

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh requests
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:53:45 pm »
Yes it should be possible to make the objects that you listed, I'm not sure if you were asking someone to do that for you, or if you were asking how to do that.

Modeling:
If you would like a little information on how to make meshes, there's a program called blender that does 3d modeling and you can export the files to .mesh. This program took me a long time to figure out how to use (but maybe that is just me), so unless you want to make a big project on learning how to use it I advise finding models from other online sources, or requesting to those with sufficient skill if they could make you meshes.

Installing:
An object should comprise of at least a mesh and a material file, and it might come with a png file. The mesh should go in your C:/feralheart/media/models folder, and the material and possible png file should go under... I think the folder is just called materials under media/materials . After you have the files in their correct folders you should be able to draw them up in object maker.

Water/Lava:
I don't believe that you can turn lava into a liquid, but what you can do is use lava terrain, or modify the water texture file to look like lava.

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »
I was asking if someone could make them. o.o
I'll also try google though and do what you said.
Also, I don't know coding, or how to use blender. (I tried it once.....so many numbers and complicated lines and stuff....e.e)
If I do that to the water, will it affect the other maps water to? Or will it only do that for my map?

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »
Yes if you replace the texture, it will change all of your maps.

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:35 pm »

You can make a texture {Or download an image lololol} and then make the material file for it that makes it all water-like. It wouldn't effect your default water if you did it that way. You would just texture your water/ocean in the map with the material that you made C:

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
Ok, awesome. I'll look for Lava textures after I'm done looking for models. (...Don't get why some models need you to buy them in order to use it though....)

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:08 pm »

I don't understand that either  >:U But maybe I suggest that you find free models, and then ask for them to be converted. Your brain will explode if you try to mess with Blender lololool xD

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »
Ok, but do you mean on Google or on the FH forums?
And what do they need to be converted to?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:06:52 pm by baltosaa »

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »

You'd ask on the FH forums C:

They need to be convert from .max, .obj, .3ds {and many, many, more formats!} to .mesh.xml, and then you download a thing from the OGRE website to convert that .mesh.xml to a .mesh C: LONGGGGGG~ complicated. process. Lol. But here are some good websites:

http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/06nature_design.php
http://archive3d.net/
http://www.models-resource.com/
and
http://www.turbosquid.com/
But with turbosquid, make sure the mesh is FREE before you ask someone to convert it. :3

Offline baltosaa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:04 pm »
Ok, thanks. (Insert more words here)