Author Topic: Creepypasta  (Read 10015 times)

wolfgirl56

Creepypasta
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »
Creepypasta. Gotta love it.
If you don't know what creepypasta is, here's what Wikipedia says.
Creepypasta are essentially internet horror stories, passed around on forums and other sites to disturb and frighten readers. The name "Creepypasta" comes from the word "copypasta", an internet slang term for a block of text that gets copied and pasted over and over again from website to website. Creepypastas are sometimes supplemented with pictures, audio and/or video footage related to the story, typically with gory, distorted, or otherwise shocking content.

Creepypasta varies greatly in length and quality, though many of them follow a few set formulas:

-Anecdotes. The narrator remarks on a scary legend, news story, or event from their own past.

-Rituals. A list of instructions for the reader, claiming that if they go to a certain place at a certain time, and perform specific actions, something remarkable and/or horrifying will happen.

-The Lost Episode. The narrator tells the story of a never-before-seen episode or scene from a famous TV show, typically a comedy or children's cartoon, where the audio and video is heavily distorted and characters begin acting strangely or violently, killing themselves and/or each other.
I'm alright with creepypasta though I'm not a fan of it because I'm one of those weirdos who likes being scared for some reason. A creepypasta picture I saw last night was smile.jpg. The link is below. I think the reason why I went asleep so fast than normal was because of the image, lul.
http://i47BannedImageSite/iz57rl.jpg

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Creepypasta
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »
I love and hate Creepypasta.

I like reading some of the pages, even though some of them successfully scare me into moving on before I've finished reading. I don't visit it that often either because of the images, which occasionally scare the the spleens out of me, like Smiledog (I don't want to see that again). Smiledog was the only one that I really was frightened by, and the entry on it's Creepypasta [Wiki] page made it all the more...horrid.

So, yeah, I didn't think I could be scared by a photoshopped picture, but obviously after a dose of Slender, the Rake and various other creepy things, it overwhelmed me and I lost some sleep.

I feel like a coward.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:44:42 pm »
Aww you're not a coward; I am one too.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:50:44 pm »
Fff, I only used to be scared of spiders, and I can play Slender, only flinching a little when I'm caught, and I've watched full-grown men scream like girls when playing the exact same game. So, I've no idea why I'm frightened by a couple of photoshopped images.

And, heh, Skrill.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:55:41 pm »
I rather like Creepypasta, though a lot of things on there really scare me.
However, you could call me a coward, because I am. 'Tis true, I get scared by a lot of things that don't scare others, I suppose it was the constant nursing when I was little and scared.

Also, Zarago, I still want to see Smiledog. But yo' won't let me, but I think I can remember it slightly.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
Eh, I'm not stopping you from seeing it, so you go ahead, but you have been warned.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »
Best do it in the day time then. ~
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

SoulRevenge

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
Smile dog seems interesting... *Le Google*

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »
^
Le death.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

SoulRevenge

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »
I cheat death :3.

<---11 Years old, watched crapload of Slendy documentaries, plays Sanatorium and Slender, and was chased by a Slenderman cosplayer >D.

Also, Smiledog is so fricken' hilarious XDDD. I laughed half the time at the whole thing~ Ridiculously faaake creepy pasta :3