Author Topic: To get Meshes...  (Read 1722 times)

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
To get Meshes...
« on: March 12, 2014, 02:22:04 am »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:33:04 am by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

AlphaEclipse

Re: To get Meshes...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:20 am »
I have never thought of this before.
I'm not sure if this will work because number one, the meshes usually have textures that are pictures and a .material file which is is needed for the .mesh. Yes, you could just copy the .mat(s) code and just upload the picture but I'm not sure it would work correctly... I don't know.

And I think it comes up with all of those funky symbols because the computer cannot read a .mesh file. They are meant to be opened with a 3D program.
+Floof. I wonder if it works... :o

-Stalks thread-
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:43:29 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:52:49 am »
Thankyous ouo. I have a feeling that it won't work... xD. But still, if I ever get WinRAR to work, I'll try it. Forgot about the material part, and even if you don't do the material file along with the mesh, it's kind of fun to make your own materials.. In my opinion at least O.o.

~Crawls into the trash can~

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:54:35 am by IcyFrost »

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:04 am »
Binary data cannot be opened correctly with notepad, trust me i tried lots of times when i was newbie XD
so copy and paste the content of a mesh file will only corrupt it and make your game to crash. (even by just opening and saving it)

As far i know from opening hundreds of meshes, they cannot have viruses. Viruses ar get mostly from downloading random applications, files with .exe .com .bat .vbs, (and a lot more). some are by just visiting some hacked or bad web sites.

At Feral Heart you can be most times safe if you avoid downloading anything from adds, and you are careful on what do you open. From the hundreds of maps i downloaded, i never found a virus in them.

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:12:25 am »
Mmm... I see xD.
(I don't want to get off topic, but could you recommend some maps to me? xD)
I was just asking, though, what if that feature 'was' added?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:40:50 am »
You cannot open .mesh files with Notepad but you can open the .xml file with it (if you're using Blender).

When using Blender you export the custom made object as a .xml file. While still in that format it can be opened with Notepad which give all the coordinates and  lots of other scripting that make up the object. It is quite a lot of text though so it wouldn't be possible to copy and paste all that information in a post due to the limited amount of characters in a forum post. Though if you could, members  would only have to download the .xml converter and convert the .xml to .mesh themselves.

So no, you can't use your idea on a .mesh file but you could on a .xml file though only if the creator of the .mesh uses Blender. Not sure if .xml works with other 3D modelling programs.

I wouldn't worry about corrupted .mesh files. Like Thierry mentioned, files that require an administrators permission such as .exe files are usually the ones carrying any viruses.

Mmm... I see xD.
(I don't want to get off topic, but could you recommend some maps to me? xD)
I was just asking, though, what if that feature 'was' added?

You will find a large variety of maps here, you may want to look around that board until you find something you like.

I hope you find this information helpful :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 10:17:56 pm »
Thank all three of you xD. It was something I was wondering about for a long time a few days. It's nice to see that people will actually care about what I and/or other people think. ;)

@Ingredient, thank you for some map suggestions; it seems that all of the maps I normally download try to crash my computer... ouo