Author Topic: The 'I'm so frustrated' Journal.  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
The 'I'm so frustrated' Journal.
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:44:24 am »
/Insert loud frustrated noises here/

So, I'm going to tell you guys a situation I'm having to deal with right now.

So, yesterday tried to plug in my new speakers and I must have pulled something because my computer turned off. Then when I turned my computer back on everything enlarged itself, like it was on safe mode. So I made everything look normal in the end except the 'basic window's colour scheme', however, when I open my games on steam it says that my Video Card/Drive doesn't support 'Alpha Bend'. I also tried opening non-steam games too, but they crashed. I tried updating my driver but it already is apparently. My tablet won't work with this problem either so that makes things worse. Also, Windows no longer supports the drive too so I'm pretty annoyed.

To make things even worse, my computer won't let me reset everything. So now I have to call someone to come look at the darn thing. I'll probably have to end up putting some things on a USB for back-up and getting an updated version of windows, along with a new drive/video card/graphics card, whatever you want to call it. I don't have much knowledge about computers so it's quite frustrating to deal with at the moment. However, since technology is being a butt with me, I'll only be able to be active on the internet, skype etc.. For now, I'm just going to concentrate on getting this fixed because I can't wait for the nightmare to be over. I will still have a large amount of activity on the forums and deviantart, so that's ok I guess...

/Screams so very loudly into her pillow in anger/.

This Journal will be updated with how things are getting on, what is being done to fix this etc.. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go crawl up a corner and die sob loudly.

Edit: Red is kindly helping to fix the situation (thanke<3) so I'll see what he recommends and hopefully things will be back to normal V__V

Final Edit: After all that it turned out to be a virus... Yep. /Long sigh/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:03:10 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: The 'I'm so frustrated' Journal.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »
Oh dear.. A virus is never good.. I'm sorry to hear this, I'd recommend to let Raz have a look at your computer if Red can't remove the virus c:

I hope this gets fixed soon hun <3

-casually strokes your signature- 8D

Offline wolf48877

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I Put The Succ In Succubus
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 05:03:55 pm »
(Shallow...i love your signature so much it makes me wanna hug teh kitty!) hmmm...did u check all your plugs after your computer shut off? Maybe that somehow let the virus in, and I hope ur computer gets better :3 it sucks to not be able to play on it...its rlly frustrating... My computer was on its death bed with malware and viruses and spyware, so I stayed up till 5:00 in the morning trying to fix it..buut of course nothing worked...so I literally ripped a chunk of Mah hair out XD so yea..i know what your feeling..hope your computer stops being a butt and starts working :D.      Best Wishes~Raven
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:06:17 pm by ~Raven~ »

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:11 am »
That sound very annoying, and angering....I would not know how to deal with an issue like that if I got it. Then again if I got that issue I would most likely just chuck my computer out the window. xD

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »
It's alright now, it was a virus from an IT game I recently installed. It's all fixed~
Thank you everyone for your recommendations, tips and concerns <3

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »
It's alright now, it was a virus from an IT game I recently installed. It's all fixed~
Thank you everyone for your recommendations, tips and concerns <3

Ah I'm glad to hear it got solved! <3