Author Topic: Something that is bothering me..  (Read 9579 times)

Offline Juliet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.
    • View Profile
    • Talk to me :D
Re: Something that is bothering me..
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 01:25:29 am »
Awee.. I'm so sorry, Sylph..
I hope everything gets better for you.. :c
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying..

xxx  ?Add me on Skype? My user is Cryptic13Crowe. ?

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 01:32:47 am »
I can relate to this, it's a bit too personal but trust me, you're not the only one, and i'm very sorry this happened to all of you. you were lucky to have known some honest friends. (though, me story is quite silly, but i'm not going to reveal any names.)

I have bad taste in men. apparently always have until now. I did date someone, i won't say who, but we had been roleplaying for quite awhile. They were happy with it until a few months in, when they vanished. I waited for a few months, they finally got online once and when I said hello, they explained it was not them, but their sibling, and that they were also ill.
three months later that person came back and explained that they had died, and I was quite shaken over this. Naturally, I never heard from them again.

But this is when it gets funny.
I saw them a year later with the same friends as before, same person.
Needless to say, it was irritating, and my friend (whom we all know as 'Claire Redfield') was with me for most of the time i was with the individual. Yes, she trolled them. and yes, they deserved it. because I learned from their close friend it was all a lie.

You people were lucky to have honest friends, I think iw as getting karma'd for something, i don't know what. but that was a few years ago and, trust me, i'm over it. (though i wish i still had those logfiles, Claire sure was funny.)

but, again, i am sorry this happened, you were lucky to have good, honest people there. really. it seems they're hard to come by in real life. but that's why we have the internet, it makes finding them easier. I've had two other relationships that ended in lies like this, my expectations of humanity are not very high.

But the fact that someone was honest and nice to you, and was a good friend to you, is always great. I'm terribly sorry for your losses.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 01:39:10 am »
Thank you both Sylph and Teal for your sympathies, means a lot :3
Sort of curious though, what song were you listening to Teal?

Yes, what happened was very sad, so I understand how you feel Sylph :c And also Kyu. You may not know the person online in real life, but they are still people and fun to hang around with, as long as you stay safe.

The worse part is was that the sickness I have mentioned was also fatal, so I don't even know if that person passed away or if their parents just kept them from using the internet...
I hope they're okay.

@Motoko: That's horrible, but something very simular like that happened to me as well. I was so angry. I'd rather not go on to explaining that story, however. To long and to much explaining to do.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:10 am »
Aw, that's awful Motoko! D: Really sorry to hear that. :/

Katsa, I do hope they are okay too. It'd be awful for them to have passed. D:

And thank you for your sympathies everyone. <3 Means a lot. Really.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:35:37 am »
Sort of curious though, what song were you listening to Teal?

Alternia from the Homestuck album 'AlterniaBound'

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:42 am »
Sorry for all of you! I might need to stop reading this topic! I get sadder and sadder every time. :(
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:03 am »
Sorry to read over your stories guys. :/ It's really awful to lose a friend, especially an online one. And I mean, yeah, real friends mean a lot to us. But, I'm not sure about you, but for me, online friends mean more to me than real life friends sometimes.

Something similar had happened to me before. So a year or two ago I used to be on WolfQuest, and after joining a pack I found there, I met this person who used to RP with me quite often. Before we realized we were more than two random pals that liked to RP together, but also started PMing each other and chatting quite often. I always used to look forward to the time she would get online to chat. Along three other of my friends we made a little group, and I was happy as ever to hang out with them. Each of them meant a lot to me, and I chatted personally with them alone, and altogether. But it was one day when one of our "group's" pal came online. And, well, she did not behave like she often did. Until she admitted what had happened. Her mother had passed. After that, she started coming on less and less. Me and my three other friends did everything to cheer her up and keep her with us. It helped, but only for a while. Eventually she went poof, and I never saw her again until now. I have kept in touch with my three other friends, although, it will never be the same without the last piece which is still missing.

But I have gotten over that, since I have decided to move on and I have met lots of other people who have became great friends of mine. Although, I often tend to have doubts about my online friends ever since.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 11:24:49 am »

Alternia from the Homestuck album 'AlterniaBound'

D: Awwww! That song was sad!

And yeah, losing an online friend is just as sad and sometimes more upsetting to lose than losing one in real life. I don't know why making a friend online is different than from real life.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »
I believe it can be more upsetting, since there is always a way to reconnect with a person you met in real life, but that's me. :/

@Sarine: That is indeed sad, to have your friend disappear without a warning. D: Really sorry. *hugs* But at least you've moved on. :3

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:02 am »
I believe it can be more upsetting, since there is always a way to reconnect with a person you met in real life, but that's me. :/
I agree. Purely because with online friends that are overseas you cannot be there physically when things go wrong or they're upset etc. And when they don't come online for a while you can't easily contact them as you would with "real life" friends like by using a phone or something. Unless you're lucky and somehow can.

It's so hard because you can't actually be there even though you want to be.