Author Topic: Can you get banned when giving accounts away?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Nightstar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • ? Cause the stars are free ?
    • View Profile
Can you get banned when giving accounts away?
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:20:54 pm »
Hi
Idk if this belongs here, just thought it has something to do with discussion..
So, since there are always lots of people who desperately try to make an account, I thought about making one or two when I catch the registration open and give it away.
But would that mean any danger for me to get banned? Like, if they get banned on that account will I be banned too because I made those accounts on the same computer?
I hope you understand what I mean xD

Signature by Cyrokin

Preach

Re: Can you get banned when giving accounts away?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:29:28 pm »
No, you won't be in danger. However, let's say say one of those accounts is banned for whatever reason, the account(s) that's under that IP address will be banned. In other words, your account and the other account will be banned too. hope I didn't lose you there.

Offline Nightstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »
Soo even though the person gets banned while playing on their own computer, I'll get banned as well because both accounts were registrated on my computer's IP address?

Signature by Cyrokin

Preach

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 07:33:11 pm »
Yes.

Offline Nightstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 07:34:44 pm »
Thank you ^^
Then I probably won't risk that by giving accounts away ;o;

Signature by Cyrokin

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
  • Your Account, Your Responsibility
    When you sign up to FeralHeart you get your very own account in which you alone are meant to use. We expect you to take care of your login information and keep it to yourself. We do not take responsibility if you lend out your account, or even network connection to someone that breaks the rules/broke the rules, resulting in you being banned, as well. The same thing goes to if you borrow other users accounts that you either found on the internet or got through contacts. This is because we are not able to monitor everything that goes on behind your computer, nor would we be able to keep repetitive rule breakers out if everyone got their ban removed. We also discourage users from creating tons of accounts for the game by themselves, for more than one reason. If the staff believes a user is in possession of too many accounts, some of them might be deleted without any warning.
As said above, all accounts under the came IP/account creator will be banned, even if only one account is. Just randomly giving accounts away idn't a good idea, especially if you don't know the person and they end up running around saying/doing whatever they want

I'll be locking this since the question was answered and ban shouldn't really be discussed anyways. Feel free to pm me or another mod if you have any more questions
Farewell everyone<3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:37 pm »
We did post a notice about this:

Something that has been brought to our attention lately and that has gotten more common is users acquiring accounts/login information for accounts directly off various sites on the internet maybe even "friends" or contacts.

The reason of this is either because of lack of patience when signing up for an account here or trying to avoid restrictions placed on their account due to their behavior in the game in the first place.

We want to point out that doing this will most likely not help you, rather doing the opposite. Since these accounts are NOT yours and most likely used by several users before, the account is most likely already banned for breaking the rules in the game.

As we have written in the rules, "Your account, your responsibility" means more than just the accounts you have, as much as you are meant to keep your login information safe and not share it with other users, the same goes other way around, you are NOT meant to use other users accounts to play the game, and if you still ignore this and getting all your accounts restricted from playing the game, it's your action and we will not lift the ban.

So I repeat:
- Do not acquire and use accounts that aren't yours if you want to stay clear from issues
- Do not lend out your accounts to other players and users if you want to stay clear from issues

Your account is for "you" only, please make sure it stays that way. The game rules has been slightly modified to make this more clear and I hope the rest of you members can explain this if it would be needed for someone. Why we are saying this here is to help everyone, not to restrict users from playing the game as they would want to.

If you share your account or sign into random accounts that aren't yours, you are taking that risk alone.

Thanks

It's nice of you to try to assist others by lending them accounts but it's best you don't because in the end your kindness may only end up getting you into unnecessary troubles. Registration opens quite often so there is no need to create accounts for others. They just have to be patient and vigilant like everyone else.

Locking this topic now as it has been solved.