Author Topic: Goat-Wolves (Marshi Canis)  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Severin

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • . . . .
    • View Profile
Goat-Wolves (Marshi Canis)
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:14:56 pm »
The Goat Wolf is also known as Marshi Canis, which is it's scientific name, It usually lives in swamps around the world and North America, same as Africa. It's main predators are Leopards,Lions, and Hyenas in Africa, while Bears,Alligators,Crocodiles and Coyotes in North America. They may be part wolf, but they are a prey item and are omnivores, it usually hunts rodents,lizards, and sometimes bugs! The Goat wolf howls softly and short, like a lullaby to their pups/kids. They can have groups which are called Packs,Herds or Stampedes, the reason they are Caldwell stampedes are because they stampede very easily and have a nickname: Drama Goats. Neither Genders have horns, making it kind of hard to see which gender is which but here are a few clues:
-Males are SMALLER Than females
-Females are BIGGER Than Males
-Males have beards
-Females don't have beards
-Males aren't as obedient as a female
-Females are Obedient and more fond of humans
-Males have manes
-Females don't have Manes
A couple Downsides are that they have weaker immune systems than they should, so they live to only 5 years, they have their babies every single year like wolves, and have hooves like goats, they also usually have either no tails or sickle tails and sometimes have Cat Tails! They also feast on the following plants:Grass,Berries,Vegetables,Roots, and Water Plants.
They fight a little weaker than wolves, and hunt a little stronger than wolves because they can stomp their prey and don't have to bite it. The steps of Goat Wolves for hunting: 1. Stomp Prey until breaking legs 2. keep stomping until near death 3. Bite it's neck softly 4. shake it around until it dies or is tired 5(Bonus). Stomp it some more.
Lizards usually die after the 3rd step, Rodents die from the 2nd to 4th step of hunting, Bugs die on the first or second step. With fighting these are the steps: 1. Kick with hooves 2. Aim for Head,Shoulder,Leg, or Neck 3. Bite 4. Pounce 5. Try to suffocate with weight.  Males weight: 64 - 89 lbs  Females Weight: 85 - 97 (May not be realistic, but after all none of my species are rly.)
They also don't have any Markings and can be ANY realistic color except Black.
ENJOY!!!Screenshots:
MALE
FEMALE
If you want to use any of my Maps for a group or you want one made by me, PM me off the forums and I will probably answer you.
[PS: CANNOT DO MOUNTAINS]

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Goat-Wolves (Marshi Canis)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 06:17:03 pm »
Cute species, very creative! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »
So majestic c:
Nice Job ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »
Interesting species.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »
The EARS! Omg these are adorable!

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 05:27:32 am »
THEY LOOK LIKE  NUBIAN GOATS (Aka Asriel)