Author Topic: An Ideas List  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
An Ideas List
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:18:47 am »
Alright, so, I'v e got a couple of ideas for newer versions of the game, now that it's become clear that FH IS in fact updateable.

I'm going to try and steer clear of ideas that would require the source code to update, and I'm instead only going to suggest things that I think will be possible to do without it based on what's been done already.

Anything marked with a "*" is something I'm not sure of whether or not it'd be possible.

-A world map to put somewhere on the forums, maybe in the 'help section or something. Just a drawn map showing the different continents, regions, areas, and etc., with game map and portal locations pointed out.

-Arctic/snowy regions, with things like snow-covered trees, frozen lakes, 'tundra' areas with small bits of vegetation, snowy caves, etc.

-A new parkour-ish map, maybe with instead of floating square rocks to jump from, its this huge tree or something to you have to climb up using parkour 'steps' such as branches or things lodged in the tree. Then at the top, there's a portal to a new sky map- maybe a city in the sky type of thing.

-Rainforest map.

-A desert map.

-Mountain regions.

-*Because this was achieved with a hack, I'm assuming this is in some way possible: Increased slider abilities, such as the ability to make bigger/smaller characters, shorter characters for stubby-legged creatures, etc. I mean, it doesn't have to be /too/ insane, like elephant sized or something, but just a bit of an increase would be nice. It'd definitely be useful for cat roleplays, so people could actually be properly sized kits!

-*New animations, not replacers. For example, paw licking, nuzzling, etc. And maybe change the name of 'Buttswing' to 'Moonwalk'.

-*New manes, tails, etc.(I'm honestly not sure if the standing mane was there before. I don't think it was and I'm pretty sure it's new... but I could be wrong. I'm suggesting this based on that bc I honestly don't remember that ever being there.)

ITEMS:

-Bandanna
-Claws
-If new manes arent possible, maybe mane /items/ that come in a few pre-set colors? At least it'd be something.
-Same idea as above, but with tails? I believe there is a tailless option, or at least a bobtail. Maybe they could be fitted to match the bobtail at the base.
-Tuft items with alpha planes for a furry look.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:01:09 am by Skulleh »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: An Ideas List
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:21:58 am »
These are some very nice ideas actually.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 03:25:25 am »
Nice ideas!

I've been told that a mountain/snowy map is planned, though I'm not 100% sure. And I don't believe its possible to have new animations aside from replacing the old ones, and I believe changing the name to Moonwalk is impossible, though I haven't looked through the files for a long time.

Standing Mane isn't new, it's been there a long time, its just kinda unpopular and is shoved in between the other options.  New manes and such would be quite nice, but that also requires the source code.

I like the map ideas, though! I'm especially hoping a new parkour type map will be implemented. I like the idea of a world map as well, I used to know the old maps like the back of my hand but now I'm getting lost every 3 seconds xD

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 03:53:41 am »
seriously though please someone make a world map @_@

at the least a very simple one that simply shows what leads to where and where the portals are

i cant find anything x.x

like even just taking the minimaps and shovin a colored dot on there for portal location and a subtitle for where it leads would work to start with

pls x.x

edit: updated the post with item suggestions
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:01:29 am by Skulleh »

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:08:32 am »
Wow. Those are interesting ideas.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »
Love the sound of these ideas! The staff has spent a very long time on the update, and maps do take a long while to work on, but I'm sure in the near future with some patience and help it could be achieved c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:07:39 pm »
Cool ideas.
Like the way you think c;