Author Topic: Cannibalistic Groups  (Read 6153 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Cannibalistic Groups
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »
I haven't heard of those before, but I don't look too much into the groups in-game so...
But just by hearing about it, I find it super eerie and messed up lol... Imagine being one of those guys who have to pretend when the situation comes... Just being attacked and eaten by their very own kind o_o
But hey, I know there are those types of floofs who love to go in terror- and scary-mode. It's fun for them. ^^

Actually, even I have one or two characters that can be very dark. I have a character named Tutty: A teenager boy who is unable to use speech. He straight up chokes on people or hit them with heavy objects (for example sledgehammers), just because they come near him! What do you call that? xD
doing what i feel like

Offline GeminiFromHell

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of cannibalistic groups on FeralHeart... I don't have a problem with them, but I wouldn't think of joining one. Nor do I have a problem with anyone who would or do I have a problem with horror/violence/gore.

The concept of cannibalism during RP or in games doesn't faze me. In fact, if it's incorporated in a way that makes sense, and it was not added just to add to the fear factor, it could be interesting for some people. I mean, just to make a point, Namira's quest in TES5.

But the cannibalistic groups in FH just don't make sense for me. It's just too easy to find another source of prey, so it just doesn't make sense. Unless it's some kind of ritual or it's a single character who is in a fix for food or a spurr of the moment thing. But a whole group dedicated to cannibalism? Why don't they just tear each other apart?

Plot holes, plot holes.

Professional Hoooman (Definitely not an alien...)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:18 pm »
My opinon is much different from the other posters. I personally love Cannibalistic groups, as long as
they've got a in depth backstory and arent cringe-inducing powerplayers. It's certainly different from the usual groups, which is what I
strive for and love a ton. Macabre-based groups are among the most creative and the best.

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 12:00:03 am »
I personally have no dislike or like to this; I'm completely neutral.

Reason being,

You can RP anything you want on Feral Heart as long as it isn't anything very explicit.
Cannibal groups still roam around till this day and some groups have some cannibalistic animals in them already.
As much as you'd think it's bad to do, cannibalism is considered realistic in a way as some species tend to eat one another here and there.
Like one of my characters who's a hyena. Hyenas will eat just about anything if they are hungry enough, even their own kin when they're cubs since cubs will fight one another to the death for dominance. Hyenas will also eat rival clan members. This also goes with wolves too! Cannibalistic is also common amongst them.
And as far as I know, the known groups that contain cannibalistic characters usually put restrictions on them (not eating pack members unless necessary, ect.) and usually keep the RP in a private chat so it doesn't disgust anyone in public. I also haven't really seen out-of-control cannibal groups lately. Usually the groups I've seen have messaged members privately for permission first before they consider their own character getting the idea of eating the other user's character.

So aye, that's my two cents worth on this. cx
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:35:43 am »
I'm going to be in the minority here but oh well.

I honestly have no dislike or like towards cannibalistic groups, as long as it's in a private setting I honestly don't think anyone should be against it.
I've never personally roleplayed as a cannibal or with a cannibalistic group as they're so rare to find, but from what I've seen from just listening in on them, they honestly don't sound that bad. Yes, they're quite gory and 'threatening' to say the least, but it's not something that creeps me out or should creep anyone out. From the groups that I've seen, all the groups have been wolf/lion oriented, I just look at it like they just hunted something and now they're eating it. Yes, if you take this concept into reality it can be disturbing, but FeralHeart isn't the most realistic looking game and I don't think anyone has ever come close to vomiting when being in a group, it's common sense in my opinion.

Some people may find it disturbing, yes, but you could just ask the group to go into a more private chat or you could block them.
 I don't see a reason to complain, let people roleplay what they wish. But hey, at least it's just literature and not visual graphics.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Yogurt204

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 07:17:41 pm »
I used to be in a cannibalistic-centered group, & it was one of the best communities I've ever been in, haha. I still think it is a bit creepy & macabre, but I think that's the entire point. It's meant to give off kind of a strange or "scary" sort of vibe, & lure in the people that are into violent, gory, mature roleplays. While I'm not one that particularly enjoys gore or violence, it was a neat experience! The group was so friendly & quirky, & I enjoyed it while it was around. The nice thing about it was: we wouldn't just randomly pounce on an unsuspecting person that hadn't even agreed to it, or anything like that. We would usually get our friends or whoever to roleplay as a victim when we wanted to roleplay "hunting."And we would always make sure that people were okay with it beforehand, & asked for permission. However, this group wasn't on Feral-Heart, so I don't entirely know how cannibalistic groups would work on here. But, so long as they were respectful of the others around them & asked permission like my old group did & what-not, what's the big deal?

I'm not entirely sure that I would want to do it again, but it's not as gory or strange as I thought it would be. And if there was such groups sprouting up on FH, why couldn't they just have their roleplay sessions in private? OBVIOUSLY cannibalism is not okay, but it's all virtual. I mean, say you roleplayed a blind character, does that mean you're blind behind the screen? No. It gives you a bit of a challenge to roleplay, I suppose. While I don't think it is extremely appropriate for Feral-Heart, unless it was kept in private chats, I don't see the enormous deal with it. However, if said group were to be harassing people & ruining other's Feral-Heart/roleplay experience, then yeah, there's a problem. But if not, then let them have their twisted roleplay fun. :D

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 04:44:05 am »
Doesn't look fun.
Looks weird to RP it.
Yeeeeeeep I dont really care about them cause i never really see them. I just let them do it.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:52 am »
Some interesting replies here.
I've had experiences with some cannibalistic groups, and it wasn't the greatest. I wasn't part of any groups, but way back in the earlier days of FH, my characters would encounter some cannibalistic groups.

A long time ago, me and a friend were doing a warrior roleplay by ourselves. Suddenly, this little group of clan cats came to watch us. Eventually they asked if their characters could interact with ours. They weren't just any clan, but a group of cannibalistic rogues. I didn't read their bios when I said, "Sure." So my "Yes, you can interact with us," was taken as a "You can attack and eat our characters without our consent." So they started RP attacking us, trying to kill our characters, and when we said we didn't want our characters to die, one of them was like, "Well you said we could interact with you." But that doesn't mean you can kill my character!!

So that's why I'm not too great with some cannibalistic groups.
Inactive

Offline Yogurt204

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 12:51:42 am »
I've had experiences with some cannibalistic groups, and it wasn't the greatest. I wasn't part of any groups, but way back in the earlier days of FH, my characters would encounter some cannibalistic groups.

A long time ago, me and a friend were doing a warrior roleplay by ourselves. Suddenly, this little group of clan cats came to watch us. Eventually they asked if their characters could interact with ours. They weren't just any clan, but a group of cannibalistic rogues. I didn't read their bios when I said, "Sure." So my "Yes, you can interact with us," was taken as a "You can attack and eat our characters without our consent." So they started RP attacking us, trying to kill our characters, and when we said we didn't want our characters to die, one of them was like, "Well you said we could interact with you." But that doesn't mean you can kill my character!!

Wow, yeah. I totally don't agree with that at all. I think that's the main issue with cannibalistic groups is that a some of the people that attempt to make them just attack random strangers that don't really agree. :( The only thing I wish would change about cannibalistic groups is that they made more sure of people consenting, because that's not really fair to whoever's character is being "attacked."

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 01:37:17 am »

Welp, that's easy to understand now LOL
doing what i feel like