Author Topic: Map problem.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Map problem.
« on: April 29, 2020, 03:25:13 pm »
Hai. I tried to make a map. I set up the objects. When I exported, I received the message that Cannot found material for miscellaneous. After which the game closed. When I tried to enter it again, the game closed immediately. I did the reinstall. I started to create a new map, this time without objects from the various categories. However, when I created the map mask and saved it in the map folder and tried to open the game, the same situation occurred. I took the mask out of the folder. Same. I have removed all files related to this map from the folder. Same. I am doing another reinstall and I think it will work, but I would like to know if anyone has encountered this situation and whether there is any other solution to this problem.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I really don't know how but I after reinstall I have in FH folder folder map folder with every .cfg and .material files. Now my question is: Do I always have to be afraid when I make maps or won't the game break down?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:50:11 pm by Dark_heart »
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
Re: Map problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:14:37 pm »
Sounds like you've got duplicate files! Check uh, FeralHeart>media>particles for any files ending in: _0 _1 _2 etc. Don't be afraid to make maps! We'll (referring to me, helpful players & mods) be here if you encounter anything else. Also, just make sure your masks/heightmaps don't have alpha channels, are 513x513, are flattened, and when you're making heightmaps, be sure to set your program to greyscale/grayscale mode! Have a nice week!
i'm back cause i'm bored as hell.

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:51:14 pm »
Sounds like you've got duplicate files! Check uh, FeralHeart>media>particles for any files ending in: _0 _1 _2 etc. Don't be afraid to make maps! We'll (referring to me, helpful players & mods) be here if you encounter anything else. Also, just make sure your masks/heightmaps don't have alpha channels, are 513x513, are flattened, and when you're making heightmaps, be sure to set your program to greyscale/grayscale mode! Have a nice week!
Thank you, but I'm sure the dimensions are 513 x 513, the image is as flat as possible, I don't use layers, and the alpha channel is off. In grays all color statistics are the same. And I know this is not the fault of the height map. The map of the mask was probably just a bit strange, because yellow came out of green.

What's more, I was looking for duplicate files before, and it turned out that I found two with the ending _0 (unfortunately I don't remember name of them). And of course, as soon as I saw them, I wanted to delete them, but I've got the message: "The file has been moved or deleted from this folder." My computer just did not find these files. I could not delete them, just as if these two files were not. But they were in the FeralHeart folder.   :o
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 01:05:33 am »
Thank you, but I'm sure the dimensions are 513 x 513, the image is as flat as possible, I don't use layers, and the alpha channel is off. In grays all color statistics are the same. And I know this is not the fault of the height map. The map of the mask was probably just a bit strange, because yellow came out of green.

What's more, I was looking for duplicate files before, and it turned out that I found two with the ending _0 (unfortunately I don't remember name of them). And of course, as soon as I saw them, I wanted to delete them, but I've got the message: "The file has been moved or deleted from this folder." My computer just did not find these files. I could not delete them, just as if these two files were not. But they were in the FeralHeart folder.   :o
Odd.. hm. Maybe just make sure that your mask colors are set like: Red: R:100 G: 0 B: 0, same for all colors, just editing which color is 100 and which is 0, and don't use paint! I made a mask in paint and it gave me the problem you're describing in the original post. If this occurs again, or you are still having issues, I'd suggest bringing it up to an experienced player or a mod.
i'm back cause i'm bored as hell.

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 11:08:06 am »
Odd.. hm. Maybe just make sure that your mask colors are set like: Red: R:100 G: 0 B: 0, same for all colors, just editing which color is 100 and which is 0, and don't use paint! I made a mask in paint and it gave me the problem you're describing in the original post. If this occurs again, or you are still having issues, I'd suggest bringing it up to an experienced player or a mod.
Year ago I made map in Paint, I know it  ;D Okay, I finally made this map (by the way, it's Podium map). Whatever, thank you!
On new account Aiiokia

SpicyDirt

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »
I'm sorry, did you say that there is some yellow in your mask?

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 02:17:45 pm »
I'm sorry, did you say that there is some yellow in your mask?
No, I made the mask map green, but I used a flow brush, which made it look yellow.
On new account Aiiokia

SpicyDirt

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 02:29:48 pm »
That right there could me an issue. You wanna make sure that the background is 100% just green and filled in with every crevice. Personally I would recommend getting a normal "pen" or "pencil" brush (something that is always 100% solid) and make it larger than the image itself so then you know that every part of the 513x513 square is covered. c: I wouldn't recommend using the "fill" tool as that often does not fill in small places.

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 11:44:45 am »
That right there could me an issue. You wanna make sure that the background is 100% just green and filled in with every crevice. Personally I would recommend getting a normal "pen" or "pencil" brush (something that is always 100% solid) and make it larger than the image itself so then you know that every part of the 513x513 square is covered. c: I wouldn't recommend using the "fill" tool as that often does not fill in small places.
Ok, thank you, I'll remember for next time.
On new account Aiiokia