Author Topic: New map and portal  (Read 2389 times)

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
New map and portal
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:35:21 am »
The new map pak is amazing ^^ some maps are really gorgeous.

but some have trouble with the portals ... or I have.
when I enter a map, I already had it a few time that I end on a place ... but not next to the portal.
not behind me or next to me ...
so I have to search for that bloody portal and I think in Irritated waters, it's on a place I can't reach ...
I need to see, before I enter each map, I always have that bad token thing ... though some maps let me enter next to the portal (more handful o get out)

second thing. i could download that pack, though I think it's just on the edge of my pc to work.
I always have 1 or 2 times that bad token thing before I can finally enter the map. and sometimes also that I can't move.
i see everybody else move, but my lion just don't.

do you think it would help to remove some maps of that pack? because I really want to keep some maps. I waited for them, so I it would suck to now delete them all. so just removing some maps I am not gonna use.
I will save them somewhere else on my pc and maybe switch with another map if I need it. do you think that could speed up my game a little bit?

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: New map and portal
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »
Judging of everything you write: Your Comp cant handle the Maps. Better remove them all.

Cello

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »
Try seeing which kind of graphics card you have and how much space your computer has. No, don't delete all of the maps. Just ones you don't think you'll use and then see if there's any difference c:

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:03:44 pm »
Try seeing which kind of graphics card you have and how much space your computer has. No, don't delete all of the maps. Just ones you don't think you'll use and then see if there's any difference c:

There -wont- be any difference since all the Object Files are in one File which -all- maps are using. The actuall Map Files are the smalest ones of the whole Pack, reffering their Objects to one Object List, which gets fully loadet into the Temporary Data when entering any Map of the Mappack. The only exception is Glooming Falls, since this is a Usermap.

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »
my pc can handle the thing. and I have enough room. the biggest problem lies in the pathway. it's to buzy
if my pc couldn't handle the map pack, then it it isn't supposed to handle FH in the first place ... which he can ...

as for the portals ... I keep ended on places I don't need to be. I already ended under a mountain!!
while on other maps I end on the same place.

Cello

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »

There -wont- be any difference since all the Object Files are in one File which -all- maps are using. The actuall Map Files are the smalest ones of the whole Pack, reffering their Objects to one Object List, which gets fully loadet into the Temporary Data when entering any Map of the Mappack. The only exception is Glooming Falls, since this is a Usermap.
Perhaps I'm still having problems downloading it myself, so I didn't /know/? I still say try and figure it out without deleting everything, because its a pain anyway to download again. (I know, I've downloaded it 6 times)

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:08:09 am »
Remove the maps you won't use much, and try once again.