Author Topic: Game crashes when you try to export? ;A;  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Char

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Half Moon, Queen of Haultarian Kingdom!
    • View Profile
Game crashes when you try to export? ;A;
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:02:59 pm »
My friend got into mapmaking, and she just made her first map. I think that it has some custom objects in it. I'm not sure. But she has the heightmap and terrain mask and everything.
But when she tries to export it, FH errors and stops responding. Does anybody know why? It keeps doing this every time.. D8

Haultarian Kingdom status: CLOSED.
If you see the following people in the game...

Wishflight xRandomRockerx  ...go tell them how awesome they are. c:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes when you try to export? ;A;
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:55 pm »
Would be better if your friend would post here personally instead, however.

Tell her to make just a regular map with heightmap and mask, skipping putting those objects into it.

If she tries to export that and it still crashes, it's either something with the game, or the computer itself not being able to take it.

If that succeeds however, it's most likely something with those custom objects of hers or something else they might would have done wrong in the making.

A good thing to try is always to remove EVERYTHING custom made for that map, such as custom meshes, skies, billboards, and similar things. See if it works any better.

I'm sure the crashing could be caused by several things, but it's not easy to know the exact reason since the map maker nevers tells why it crashed.

But since it's the exporting you can just figure it has something to do with creating those .fho .fhm files.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes when you try to export? ;A;
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:59:19 am »
Ah, not completely sure to be honest. I make private maps for me and my friends, and it happened to me so I kept restarting and removing items between restarts, (backing them up, yesh) and found that I just may have had too many thimgs in one file, or too many objects altogether. Sorry but I cannot say I'm completely sure