Author Topic: WQ is shutting down guys <:(  (Read 21171 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: WQ is shutting down guys <:(
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »
That's really how you view it?

Wow. Talk about a total eclipse of how everyone else I know views it. (I view it like a babysitter would; the baby misbehaves then you take away the toy)

If there's a shut down then all the things that made WQ a "prison" would probably disappear and give members a chance to get stuff implemented again. Especially with an online group that was recently founded but hasn't been set up for 2.5, I hear. /optimism

FH might be a better game in your opinion, but I'm rather not one who plays it. I don't even play WQ. I play old games [Like WOLF 1994 and LION 1995].

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:35:01 pm by Shusuke »

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »

Wow. Talk about a total eclipse of how everyone else I know views it. (I view it like a babysitter would; the baby misbehaves then you take away the toy)

If there's a shut down then all the things that made WQ a "prison" would probably disappear and give members a chance to get stuff implemented again. Especially with an online group that was recently founded but hasn't been set up for 2.5, I hear. /optimism

FH might be a better game in your opinion, but I'm rather not one who plays it. I don't even play WQ. I play old games [Like WOLF 1994 and LION 1995].

I've heard of those two games, but I believe you cannot play them on PC, is this true?

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »

I've heard of those two games, but I believe you cannot play them on PC, is this true?

They are PC games, you can play them. I downloaded them from a website that came with an automatic install pack so that I didn't have to go through all the middle men to get them to work properly.

Unlike abandonia, which makes you take a survey and doesn't include the program required to run the games, the website that I got WOLF and LION from come with that program that's  needed [DOSBox]. All you have to do is download and then click it and the installation starts.

Free version of LION doesn't come with sound or music though, only making it harder to play. @_@ and I'm not willing to pay for the CD download.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 06:59:28 pm »
@ Zarago:  LAWL you totally read my mind, basically, sort of. Except I didnt have the balls to say it.

Anyways, guys, I wouldn't be TOO worried about this. Governments don't usually actually get to the point of shutting down. It really is just a game of chicken right now and NO its not being shut down because of the "recession" in total sense of the word.

It MIGHT be shut down because of two warring forces in their state political system who are fighting with each other. They cant agree on a budget so they are halting the political system there. The government basically has this rule that if they cant agree on a budget for the next year before xx.xx.xx (depends on state) then the government will STOP until they get one done. Stop here means that only the "critical functions" of the government will still run.

This is obviously a huge ass deal because the government controls lots of things, post office, police, firemen, programs like welfare, etc, oh and state parks AND SATE ZOOS. Which is why the zoo would have to be shut down IF the government halts. I'm sure you can see which functions take priority.

Now, what is causing this budget halt, you may ask? Yes, the recession is taking its tole on everyone. State budgets this year have been cut down to bare bones in MOST states because of lack of funding. Its heartbreaking to see the slaughter of the education system in America at this tough time.

However, the main cause of haltage is because of two groups. The tea bag republican majority and one democratic senator named Dayton. Dayton wishes to raise income taxes to help try to pay for the government in the next few years. Where as the republicans are fighting raising taxes tooth and nail and would rather cut the hell out of programs like, oh say, education and welfare!

So yes, that is basically a summary of what is going down

And remember guys, this happened in the US congress as well only a little while ago. Of course, the US gov didn't shut down, now did it?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:27:08 pm by Ghosting »

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »
Only reason I really took Zarago's comment as harsh was because if WolfQuest shuts down, then so does the Minnesota Zoo. I worry about that. > >

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:44 pm »
Please see my post above, I have added much needed information to it. :)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »
Thanks Shusuke.

And Ghosting, I've lost all fear of saying what I really believe. Not having the nerve to say it shows weakness, in my mind anyway. Hence why my karma on most forums is so low. HUE.

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 08:45:11 pm »
If that actually happens I'll surely faint from happiness.

Personally I lurk in WQ's Off-Topic section since I'm sick of all the constant repetition. xD There aren't any more interesting debates anymore. It's really dull, actually. > > But OTT keeps me interested.

Hopefully things will cool down and that the WolfQuest Report Team might set conditions to where it can be like it used to be. >:3 Hope.

I don't hate the restrictions WolfQuest has because I never really cared for or went on MP, so they've never really effected me. I enjoyed goofing off on Single-Player there much more |D. Were I more social I'd probably care. But I'm not. I lurk.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 09:55:08 pm »
NOT MY BELOVED WOLFQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< i love that game. stupid MN goverment, making my favorite game shut off for a while for no good reason -_-
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.