Author Topic: True Or False  (Read 533240 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: True Or False
« Reply #4310 on: June 13, 2016, 04:41:49 pm »
(Actually, the answer was false, Orca's are a species of dolphin, not Whale :D)
And false?
I believe their called cubs. Though I may be mistaken.

The Whale shark is the largest known fish.

Offline WildRavens

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hey!! You 100% matter, are valid and are loved 💕
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: June 13, 2016, 04:53:05 pm »
True! XD

They are indeed a type of fish, even though they are called "Whale Sharks". XD

Sharks are not mammals, but they are fish.

Icon is not by me! | GIF by chillcrafting, on Tumblr!
❤❤

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: June 14, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »
Sharks are technically fish but I think they'd be better being called "teeth ocean cats"

True or False: The coloring that we do with pigments (paper, printers, markers, etc...) is "Coloring by subtraction" whereas the colors we can make with lights (like the sliders on FH) is "Coloring by addition".
Happy Pride Month!

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: June 17, 2016, 11:52:07 pm »
True? I'm honestly curious about this, though.

Female hyenas have pseudo-male-parts. (...I hope this isn't too inappropriate lol. Lemme know if it is.)

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: June 18, 2016, 12:44:56 am »
According to a Youtube video I watched a few weeks ago, this is true (if I remember the episode correctly. Don't ask, I was watching a bunch of animal fact video things and stumbled upon that)

True or false: the next person to post has been in the ocean before
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: June 18, 2016, 12:49:55 am »
You are correct, yeh. ^_^

And... That's complicated, actually. I believe I've stepped in the ocean, but didn't swim in it because it was too cold. So, false.

True or false: American accents are actually British accents, with British accents having been the ones that changed in history.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: June 18, 2016, 12:53:55 am »
...I don't know. I know very little about American history. However, because of how detailed your sentence was, I'm gonna guess it's true, because it seems to be typed as a fact.

True or false: I've played more than 3 instruments, though I only remember how to play one, which I last played 2 hours ago.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: June 18, 2016, 01:13:03 am »
Since this is something not known to the public, it is rather a hard question to answer. But since it has been described in detail, I'll say it is true.

True or False: If a volcano eruption was powerful enough, the amount of particles it releases into the atmosphere could cause global cooling.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: June 18, 2016, 02:31:43 am »
Nope, false :3 but mostly true so-

False. If the volcano erupted, the particles released into the atmosphere would warm nearby particles, not cause global cooling (I think? I hope I got this right, I have an entire test to do about this on Monday, so if I get this wrong I'll be pretty peeved at myself-
Thankfully this exact question won't be on the test ((I assume)))

True or false: Kittens open their eyes 2 weeks after birth.

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: June 18, 2016, 06:11:45 am »
The eruption of Mount Tambora of Indonesia of 1815 was one of the most powerful eruptions ever recorded, most of those particles hanging around the atmosphere never settled down and lingered for three years, these particles absorb the heat that radiates from the sun. This caused a global economic crisis known as 'The Year Without Summer' of 1816 which included extreme weather and harvests that fail to yield.
This means it is true, but I doubt it's any useful unless you're a climatologist, ecologist, geologist or a historian of some sorts.

To answer the kitten question: Never had a kitten or took care of one, but most animals would have to wait a while until they can use their eyes, so I'm saying True.

True or False: It's safe enough to swim in a running nuclear reactor cooling pool without getting fatally bombed by radiation.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160