Author Topic: Custom Meshes for presets, possible?  (Read 4698 times)

Themiles

Custom Meshes for presets, possible?
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:38:44 pm »
After getting told, that I could make a topic about this.. I did! (obviously, lol)

I was thinking about making it possible to add meshes to presets, such as Items (Necklace, collars etc), custom anatomy designs (new ears, teeth, tails and perhaps even wings..?) and so on.

I'm no big coder, nor a good 3D modelmaker, but I think I could seek out others here, that know more than me. Would this be possible? Including meshes, right into our presets? And would you do so, if you had the possibilty? What would you add? Horns, new ears and teeth, like in MD33z's topic ?

Sullivan

Re: Custom Meshes for presets, possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »
came here to post this :] i am very interested in getting more information about this

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »
Like your idea!
^--^ 

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
Adding items and etc, would not be possible. However, new ears and tail are. You can ask Tigg or slycan on how they can be imported into the game.
FH Texture Artist

Themiles

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:00 pm »
Ah, thanks alot Nala! Ears and Tails are already quite a good thing to add!

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »
Hmm.. this is quite a good idea. I'd love to add some fangs. <3

Themiles

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »
Fangs.. I think, if done right, fangs and horns might be possible too... gawd, I need to get into 3d stuff!

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 12:29:04 pm »
Hm.. well. So here come some facts.

You need Blender, and strictly BLENDER for this, no other 3D programm would work with what you want.

You -have- to use the Blendfile the Staff uses for making the Meshes, and they are not given out randomly to anyone. Then you will have to learn how to mesh what you want. How to create a Material in Blender.
Then code the Bone Assignment and mesh the Item/Mane/Tail/Ear so it FITS the Bones very exactly and proper.
You will have to know how to do an UV Map for the right Textures of your Mesh.

You need the Right Python Installed.
You need the Ogre Command Line Tools.
You Need the right Ogre Exporter-Script.
You need the Right Program to edit the XML File to be asigned to the right Skeleton.

Inserting custom Meshes to FH will mean you have to replace an existing Mesh, since there are no free Slots.

To say it in one Sentence: It is a lot of Work and recommends knowledge in modelling and programming.
Beginners absolutely cant just do it within a short Time. Even with Tutorials theres no way to learn it proper without a professional or advanced Helper.

I had to go to a 2-Day Course of learning, just to learn some tiny Basics of Blender. And every Course-Day lasted 8 hours. Even after that i had to learn from Kov how some things work.

I dont think someone, who dont has any clue from those Programs, can mannage to do anything :/
But it is welcome if anywhere out there, are people who have and want to help on low poly Meshes.

Offline Ziel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • The Small Smilodon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 08:59:17 pm »
Tigg, have you heard of Blender: Noob to Pro? It's a wikibook on the internet, and it's pretty much tutorials on how to use blender. It's a little hard to understand at first, but if you can figure it out, it's a decent way to learn how to use it.

That's how I learned to used blender, and I can mesh and give the meshes skeletons. I have yet to figure out how to weight paint properly, or to animate, but I've got the basics down!

Offline Nyla

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Christian prejudiced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »
Tigg, you have inspired me. I am going to LEARN how to do all that, if it takes the rest of my childhood.

I didn't really want to make this my signature, but... this thing is scarily accurate.