Author Topic: In-Game Mods/Report Button  (Read 1791 times)

SpicyDirt

In-Game Mods/Report Button
« on: February 27, 2020, 07:35:56 pm »
I really do apologize if this does not go here, and I do also apologize if this offends/makes anyone angry.

I was sitting in The Grounds today and noticed a few separate times where people had some reportable offenses. I Don't wan people to think I'm trying to act as a staff member in the game but I also don't want to bother the staff members too much with DM reports, heh. I guess my suggestion would be to bring back a report button in the game or something. I know that I could block them, but some of the instances could really mess some people up as a few were using trigger words. I personally feel as if we should have a report button and if that person gets reported a few times then it could trigger something for a mod to see what is going on as I know that they can't be in the game watching the chat 24/7

l3irdie

Re: In-Game Mods/Report Button
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:01:26 pm »
This has been something that's been discussed in the past.
Personally I'm in between with having a report button because while it would certainly help people who are a bit intimidated by staff, and it's just a sort of thing you do with one click rather than sitting down and sending screenshots. I could see it work like a ticket system, but I can also see this system getting abused. Like randomly mass-reporting someone over something petty.

Personally the happy medium would be to maybe make some form that people can fill out with their issue (providing screenshots) and it would be sent into some database where staff can sort it out from there. You could have the button in game redirect you to this page.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:09:18 am by l3irdie »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:16:59 am »
Previous discussion on a report button can be fooouunndd here.

As for reporting things to staff, don't ever feel like you're bugging us! Our inboxes are ALWAYS open for you guys to report things to. Even if you just have a simple question, we are always open to talk =) Like you said, we all can't be on 24/7, so any reports are always appreciated. It's kinda like working together in a way to keep FH running properly. If someone is breaking the rules, don't be afraid to pipe up and remind them of the rules. There's nothing wrong with giving someone a little nudge about it. Anything further than that however, it's recommended that you refer to a staff member. More about reporting in-game members and how to do it can be found here.

But all in all, I would love a functioning report button. It would be a total life saver for all of us.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 03:03:10 am »
Thank you for reassuring me that I am not bothering y'all, Ame!

I just want it to be easier for you guys. Birdie does have a good idea with an easy to fill out forum. That way y'all could specify what information is needed. It would also work out really well to combat the "mass reports" on a person if it did redirect to that forum. Maybe a Google Forum or something that is easy to put up?

Thank you both!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 04:54:16 am »
Any time, Spicy!

I'm not sure if I said this anywhere else, but, it would be interesting if somehow the button could be programed in a way that it takes a copy of the most recent chat log back to about maybe 30/50 posts at most, and the system sends it to an in-box that staff can see here on the forum, or any other place that it could accumulate. From there staff would sift through the reports and deal with each appropriately. After the report has been dealt with, they can choose to either archive the report, or dismiss it if the report doesn't need to be archived.

I have no clue whether that is even possible or not, though.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

l3irdie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 01:05:27 pm »
Any time, Spicy!

I'm not sure if I said this anywhere else, but, it would be interesting if somehow the button could be programed in a way that it takes a copy of the most recent chat log back to about maybe 30/50 posts at most, and the system sends it to an in-box that staff can see here on the forum, or any other place that it could accumulate. From there staff would sift through the reports and deal with each appropriately. After the report has been dealt with, they can choose to either archive the report, or dismiss it if the report doesn't need to be archived.

I have no clue whether that is even possible or not, though.
I know with I.T you can access chat logs for however long back, so that is probably rings true to FH.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 02:22:46 am »
i'd love for the report button to have an actual use, i actually kinda anticipate that more than any of the "activity" related tabs that came with the last update, if i'm being honest. can't say anything beyond that which won't just be repetition, this thread kinda hits the nail on the head. 

edit hello this is future arte i realize past arte has one braincell and didn't realize they removed the report button [my point still stands tho, i'd love one that works lol]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:54:44 am by Polyphonic »
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 05:34:22 am »
I remember in a few games like Last Moon, we'd have to report people 'manually' by sending the staff a picture of the incident AND a chat log of the offending act if that was appliable. Maybe an 'integrated' system could do that by notifying the staff and/or sending them those automatically?