Author Topic: Can't change email  (Read 834 times)

Offline The-Lion-Koo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • the-lion-koo
    • the-lion-koo
    • View Profile
Can't change email
« on: October 04, 2017, 04:42:47 am »
I just changed my username, and I thought I'd change my password to go along with it, but I don't remember the email I made this account with, and I can't find it on my profile. So I figured, "Whatever. I'll just change my email and then move on." But I can't change my email. I plug my new email into the "Change Email" slot, hit enter, and the page refreshes, but it doesn't say anything, and since the "Forgot Password" email didn't send to my new email, I can only assume the email associated with this account didn't change. What am I doing wrong?
[And I've checked the spam folder of my new email; there's nothing there.]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:45:16 am by The-Lion-Koo »

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Can't change email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:27:37 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the e-mail change. ^^ It's possible that your old e-mail is still the one attached to the account. Since you requested for a Forgotten Password password change, you should indeed receive an e-mail to the new e-mail, but only if you make the password request after changing the e-mail address. If you made changes to the password and e-mail address relatively simultaneously, it's possible a server deep occurred. I'll contact you via PM with the address currently connected to your account, and maybe we can see if something went wrong there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:36:27 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.