Author Topic: How do you delete your account?  (Read 5754 times)

Jane

How do you delete your account?
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:14 am »
I know, it sounds pretty straightforward.  There's a "delete account" option under "Profile."

But it doesn't work.

I made an attempt to delete this account to make a new one under a new user.  That didn't work.  Then I screwed up on the information for the new account and now I can't delete that account either.  I can't use my email addresses /or/ my desired username; I have a third email address that I've never used, but apparently it's being used.

Is there another way to permanently delete my unwanted accounts?  ><
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:05:32 am by Sam »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: How do you delete your account?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:01:47 am »
  How isn't it working? is it still there, or something like that?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Jane

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:02:15 am »
All of my usernames are still there, yes.  They won't go away.

EDIT:  And while I'm waiting for these accounts to be deleted, I'm trying to change the display name on this account back to Jane.  It says Jane is taken, but I know it isn't, and I'd rather not have a nickname up for all the world to see and link to my real name.  ._.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:09:31 am by Sam »

Jane

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:14:09 am »
Well okay, the forum account was deleted.  Does the in-game account not disappear when you delete your forum account?  I don't even know how I'm able to post this post right now.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:17:08 am »
  Looks to me like your using a new account... It does sometimes take a while for accounts to be deleted, and to use the email again afterwards.

And your forum and in game account are the exact same thing.

Jane

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:48 am »
Oh, well I didn't know it took a long time.  8/

I understand that the forum and in-game accounts are directly linked.  I just wasn't sure if both went away post-deletion or not, since it seemed that my account went away--that was till I was able to log in again.

So should my accounts be deleted within the next 24 hours or so?  I'd like to be able to remake my new account soon.

EDIT:  Weird thing is, I'm actually not using a new account.  I'm using the account I supposedly just deleted.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:56 am »
  Didn't you say in the first post you have multiple accounts? And it does seem strange, but you are using a new account, because the account you are using now didn't make the previous posts... And yes, they should be deleted within teh next 24 hours, it doesn't take that long XD
  Though it does seem that your accounts are being a little strange. I did encounter something like this with my first account that I could never log on with...

Jane

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:08 pm »
EDIT:  (I apologize for the double post, but this is the only way I could add to the above entry because of issues with my Internet at the moment.)  All righty, going into the next day, my accounts are acting a little more peculiar.  Up top, next to the banner, if I log in there I get the "You may not have an account yet" message (or something of the like), making it seem like my accounts were deleted.  However, I can still log in through the actual forum.  Anyone might know why this is~?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:57:43 pm by Sam »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:58:17 pm »
I think, in order for you to delete an account completely, you might need help of an administrator.

Which account do you want deleted? If you tell me the username/login name and not the nick. I might be able to get rid of it. Ofcourse that means you won't be able to use it ever again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Jane

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:05:48 pm »
Okay.

I'll PM you my information here, shortly, though I already PMed the account links to Raz, and I'd feel like a bit of a burden.  ^^;  Thank you for your help, though, it's greatly appreciated~.  <3