Author Topic: WolfSpeakers' Opinion of Us?  (Read 3901 times)

Offline ImWithStupid

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WolfSpeakers' Opinion of Us?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:35:55 am »
Honestly, I'm my opinion, I think that the Wolf speakers are just..there..As a wolf speaker myself, I can tell you though, we don't get harassed, because we find every literate group that accepts our..tone??..of roleplaying. Just putting my comment out there though.

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 05:50:30 am »
I personally have nothing against "Wolfspeakers" within this game if I'm honest. It's just a personal note to believe that all they want is to try their best to be a very good role-player: therefore use sophisticated language to seem older or "Better." Which is completely understandable! However, when I believe it comes a problem is when they try to challenge other users and proclaim to be " A lot more better than you, nub!". This gets on my nerves very easily as the majority who wolf-speak don't actually know what they do so. At the same time, I'm also not saying that it's only the Wolfspeaking "Community" who do this, a lot of people do- even "experienced" role-players. I just think it's  fair to except any type of role-player really.

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 04:20:49 pm »
I only have an issue, when words are used for things they don't actually describe. "Banner" for instance is a flag, and by no definition have I ever seen it considered a tail, until FH wolf-speak became a thing. I have no issue with fully describing your character's position, eye color, fangs, ect in every post, but when words that don't have anything to do with anatomy are substituted it drives me a bit nuts. "Femora" means multiple femurs not female. XD Just my two-cents.

Offline trashcan-fran

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm cookin' all the dumplings
    • View Profile
    • deviantart :0
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 08:11:43 pm »
I honestly don't like wolfspeak. It confuses me and I don't understand 90% of the things they say.

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 02:04:22 am »
It's quite interestin' to hear what the wolfspeakers have to say to us.
I never was a full-on wolfspeaker when I used to roleplay, but yes, going back a couple years you were considered illiterate if you didn't understand or use wolfspeak.
At least when it came to a lot of roleplays, that is.
It honestly doesn't bother me that much if you like to, but like mentioned, it does irk me when they use terms that aren't even related to wolf anatomy, or anything wolf-related in general. :L

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 02:14:44 am »
I understand how you feel, I know that wolf speakers are having fun in their own way and I'm glad for that. Although I do feel like sometimes people take it a bit too far and if are asked to tone it down a bit they should. I once role played with a wolf speaker before and I ended up not being able to post anything in response because I didn't understand a thing they were saying, to be honest it made me feel a bit downhearted like I was ignorant. I have no problem with anyone who wolf speaks, I just feel that they should be fine with it if asked to tone it down a bit, mainly for the fact that not everyone who plays has the same reading level, and some don't speak English as their first language.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 02:19:50 am »
I only have an issue, when words are used for things they don't actually describe. "Banner" for instance is a flag, and by no definition have I ever seen it considered a tail, until FH wolf-speak became a thing. I have no issue with fully describing your character's position, eye color, fangs, ect in every post, but when words that don't have anything to do with anatomy are substituted it drives me a bit nuts. "Femora" means multiple femurs not female. XD Just my two-cents.

Also Fae means Fairy, not female xD