Author Topic: Mane help  (Read 675 times)

Offline Bullspit

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Deluxe chicken tender
    • View Profile
Mane help
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:19:10 am »
Idk if this goes here, but are there any mane texture packs for presets? Or how do you make manes?

Vivat Rex

Offline GarySinise

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • No Guts, No Glory.
    • View Profile
Re: Mane help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 10:58:34 pm »
I have a couple of textures that I use on presets for manes. Not a pack though, I'm not sure if there is one.

AlphaEclipse

Re: Mane help
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:08:44 am »
Hello, Bullspit, I normally just use the texture that comes with the game and just stylize it to my liking. As for making the mane, I'd recommend the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIIl-jP4NYs There are also tutorials on the forum under the Preset and Marking Tutorials section. Also be sure to take a look at the following link for a short tutorial on manes. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=19335.0 Since it does not have screenshots, if you need any further explanation or visual aid, please let me know! I can always send you screenshots if needed.

Also, in the preset's material file, I would also advise you replace the original mane code with this in a text editor such as Notepad:
Code: [Select]
material preset_#_maneMat
    {
            technique
            {
                    pass
                    {
                            cull_hardware none
                            cull_software none
                            alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
                            texture_unit
                            {
                                    texture preset_#mane.png
                            }
                    }
            }
    }
Just make sure to replace the "#" with the preset's specific number. This code just fixes a common glitch in which the mane is see-through.