Author Topic: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events  (Read 102197 times)

Offline Howlingmoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hello! I'm now active on FH forums.
    • View Profile
Re: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2016, 06:53:55 pm »
As many users in our community might have noticed there's been quite a few things going on around FeralHeart Game, Server and site. Most commonly referred to as "Feral-Heart being hacked". The hacking itself has been quite unfortunate and forced us to take down the game server while addressing the situation. We're back online now and we've noticed quite a lot of discussions and speculation about this incident so we're hoping that a lot will be explained in this post but we would also like to assure you the players of FeralHeart that there's nothing to worry about. This post is here to sum up and inform.

During Friday 27th last week we had a breach in the game where a group of users tried to cause some havoc for the community by taking control of staff accounts and abusing a limited set of moderation powers, they also altered some characters sizes and proportions. The combination of odd looking characters and usage of staff accounts in a bad manner, managed to get quite the attention from players and staff of the game, so in response we took the game offline. As we're sure that most of our readers understand, it's quite a serious matter to have users accessing accounts which aren't theirs. It's truly something we wanted to look into and deal with. During the last couple of days we've had a lot of speculation going on around the game from players, why, how, who and of course what this will mean for Feral-Heart(which is to be expected), but we've not provided an explanation because we wanted to be sure what we're dealing with, and focus on working it out.

Most importantly your passwords and personal information are safe with us, and these "Hackers" were not able to get a hold of any login information. The "hack" appears to be that some users have gotten hold of the game source code, and probably built a modified game client and/or found a small hole in the game's connection process to cause the events that took place. How exactly they may have obtained such information we don't know. Last we were aware only the game creator KovuLKD had such access and knowledge. While there are rumors of other users having access to the source there is no reliable information to confirm this. If this is the case the game is in a bit of a rough spot for these kind of attacks but we're working on more security measures server side to prevent any similar abuse. For now we're still working out how exactly things are going to work in the future and restricting the users from playing that have been actively involved the "hacking" that took place.

Just to clarify since other games and sites were mentioned by the ones hijacking the staff accounts during the "hacking". This has been a specific attack against Feral-Heart in how it works and no other game or site is more or less vulnerable because Feral-Heart was tinkered with. Nor can we confirm or deny these sites/games involvement, and it doesn't make them more or less likely to have been involved with the "hacking", we'd appreciate it if you users understand this. We'd also like to inform users not to use any stretched out characters found of their account in the game as we will start kicking/banning users found using these characters.

Finally we want to thank a lot of you fluffs for being patient with us in this matter and hanging in there while the situation has been looked into, but also supporting staff in while we had our paws busy with everything else. Your support always means a great deal. And of course a big thanks to Raz for his quick work to sort out the game so we can play it again so quickly.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have a new system in place to take care of the game and make it more secure. This requires users to open up a new tab on our site, login with their desired account and keep the browser open during the time they play the game. This tab is one of the new security measures, and as much as it might cause more hassle to play the game, we hope that all users understand the importance of having it there. Instructions on how to use it can be found below:

-Either use this link http://feral-heart.com/login/ or click "Play Game" in the right side of the site menu.

-Login to the account you wish to play on by providing the correct details.

-Give it a minute to connect and then launch your FH game client and login through there with the same account.

-Keep the tab and browser open during the whole time you play Feral-Heart.

Questions & Answers (Q&A)

Will the login tab stay forever or will we be able to login normally again sometime?
As of now, this tab is here to stay. We understand it might not be optimal for some users and might cause some hassle, but it's for the better.

Will I be able to sign in to multiple accounts at once?
You are able to sign into several accounts at once, however you might need to use different browsers to connect to more than one account at once. Download Firefox, Chrome, Opera or any other browser of your choice and run it in tandem.

It will not let me connect to the game, why?
If you're experiencing issues it could be how your browser is currently set up. We do not allow any proxies so please disable any proxy settings you might have enabled. Also do not run the browser in incognito/private browsing mode and have cookies enabled. If you still have issues feel free to try another web browser all together. Also do keep in mind that we do not let any banned users connect to the game

That's all for now and don't hesitate to private message us on the forum if you'd have any further questions, thank you for reading.

The Feral-Heart Staff
As many users in our community might have noticed there's been quite a few things going on around FeralHeart Game, Server and site. Most commonly referred to as "Feral-Heart being hacked". The hacking itself has been quite unfortunate and forced us to take down the game server while addressing the situation. We're back online now and we've noticed quite a lot of discussions and speculation about this incident so we're hoping that a lot will be explained in this post but we would also like to assure you the players of FeralHeart that there's nothing to worry about. This post is here to sum up and inform.

During Friday 27th last week we had a breach in the game where a group of users tried to cause some havoc for the community by taking control of staff accounts and abusing a limited set of moderation powers, they also altered some characters sizes and proportions. The combination of odd looking characters and usage of staff accounts in a bad manner, managed to get quite the attention from players and staff of the game, so in response we took the game offline. As we're sure that most of our readers understand, it's quite a serious matter to have users accessing accounts which aren't theirs. It's truly something we wanted to look into and deal with. During the last couple of days we've had a lot of speculation going on around the game from players, why, how, who and of course what this will mean for Feral-Heart(which is to be expected), but we've not provided an explanation because we wanted to be sure what we're dealing with, and focus on working it out.

Most importantly your passwords and personal information are safe with us, and these "Hackers" were not able to get a hold of any login information. The "hack" appears to be that some users have gotten hold of the game source code, and probably built a modified game client and/or found a small hole in the game's connection process to cause the events that took place. How exactly they may have obtained such information we don't know. Last we were aware only the game creator KovuLKD had such access and knowledge. While there are rumors of other users having access to the source there is no reliable information to confirm this. If this is the case the game is in a bit of a rough spot for these kind of attacks but we're working on more security measures server side to prevent any similar abuse. For now we're still working out how exactly things are going to work in the future and restricting the users from playing that have been actively involved the "hacking" that took place.

Just to clarify since other games and sites were mentioned by the ones hijacking the staff accounts during the "hacking". This has been a specific attack against Feral-Heart in how it works and no other game or site is more or less vulnerable because Feral-Heart was tinkered with. Nor can we confirm or deny these sites/games involvement, and it doesn't make them more or less likely to have been involved with the "hacking", we'd appreciate it if you users understand this. We'd also like to inform users not to use any stretched out characters found of their account in the game as we will start kicking/banning users found using these characters.

Finally we want to thank a lot of you fluffs for being patient with us in this matter and hanging in there while the situation has been looked into, but also supporting staff in while we had our paws busy with everything else. Your support always means a great deal. And of course a big thanks to Raz for his quick work to sort out the game so we can play it again so quickly.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have a new system in place to take care of the game and make it more secure. This requires users to open up a new tab on our site, login with their desired account and keep the browser open during the time they play the game. This tab is one of the new security measures, and as much as it might cause more hassle to play the game, we hope that all users understand the importance of having it there. Instructions on how to use it can be found below:

-Either use this link http://feral-heart.com/login/ or click "Play Game" in the right side of the site menu.

-Login to the account you wish to play on by providing the correct details.

-Give it a minute to connect and then launch your FH game client and login through there with the same account.

-Keep the tab and browser open during the whole time you play Feral-Heart.

Questions & Answers (Q&A)

Will the login tab stay forever or will we be able to login normally again sometime?
As of now, this tab is here to stay. We understand it might not be optimal for some users and might cause some hassle, but it's for the better.

Will I be able to sign in to multiple accounts at once?
You are able to sign into several accounts at once, however you might need to use different browsers to connect to more than one account at once. Download Firefox, Chrome, Opera or any other browser of your choice and run it in tandem.

It will not let me connect to the game, why?
If you're experiencing issues it could be how your browser is currently set up. We do not allow any proxies so please disable any proxy settings you might have enabled. Also do not run the browser in incognito/private browsing mode and have cookies enabled. If you still have issues feel free to try another web browser all together. Also do keep in mind that we do not let any banned users connect to the game

That's all for now and don't hesitate to private message us on the forum if you'd have any further questions, thank you for reading.

The Feral-Heart Staff

Will feral heart ever work again?!?! It was one of my favorite games D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2016, 07:01:45 pm »

Will feral heart ever work again?!?! It was one of my favorite games D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:
Don't worry, dear. The game is fully up and running. All you have to do is go to this page and keep it open while you play.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wolfblood567

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2016, 12:32:43 am »
ever since this happened feral heart wont load onto my pc and im not able to get on it says unable to connect to front server how do I fix this?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2016, 12:38:50 am »
Try this link, fluff. Keep the page open while you are playing the game ^^

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=54214.0
Farewell everyone<3

ZearTheAkumian

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2016, 03:15:53 am »
I've been reading the posts on this thread for quite some time, including that hostility from the final days of November which may have resulted in slaps in the face, and yes I have been reading... regardless of the ordeal of seeing these quote "Free Minecraft Downloads" trying to remind me that my shards of faith in the human race are being shattered.

But for starters congrats to the mods and admins(Especially Red) for trying to keep this under control, and I don't mean that sarcastically. Secondly even if it was months ago these death threats against these fellow indie animal games are big no-nos, that and the fact death threats are illegal, trust me one kid from the UK was barred from entering the United States for life after sending a quote "curse-laden email to Obama."

Now, these hackers. I'll admit I looked through their Tumblr blog, possibly taken down by the Tumblr Administration as of now but maybe not since FH is not well known much like WoW or GW2. Anyways after looking through I believe their motive is they're distraught over the mods and admins quote "tyrant" ruling over FH and believed the mods drove Kovu away from the game he created. What's next? Death/Rape threats against Kovu on his Facebook account if he doesn't return to FH? That's very immature and could result in loss of your account.

Kovu is I'll admit, a secretive person, maybe an family issue caught his attention and quote "abandoned" his game. An attempted suicide? Financial issues? We may never know. Now you know of my past here on FH, right? Well I do my best to keep it behind right in the past, but back to the game itself!

For those having issues with the games, please take it to the Help section. OR check on the top of the page, click Raz's link to a page, put in your username and password, and you will be allowed into the server, oh and keep that tab OPEN!

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2016, 04:57:01 am »
For those having issues with the games, please take it to the Help section. OR check on the top of the page, click Raz's link to a page, put in your username and password, and you will be allowed into the server, oh and keep that tab OPEN!

Yes, thank ye, deary.

Please f'er all our techs' sakes, take y'er issues regarding log in troubles to the help boards. 'Tis very hard to sift through comments to keep track of a single conversation, especially when it can be placed in its own thread f'er easier access.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline piotr

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
Thanks

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »
Thanks for the update :D :)

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline ChristalStar007006

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2016, 08:32:15 pm »
I tried to log in as directed however I am always getting logged out or the message "failed to connect to front server." I am new here and have not got to play the game once, is there any advice that I could use to help me play the game? I have yet to receive any advice!

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
I tried to log in as directed however I am always getting logged out or the message "failed to connect to front server." I am new here and have not got to play the game once, is there any advice that I could use to help me play the game? I have yet to receive any advice!
Your username is 18 characters long, Christal. If a username exceeds the 16 character limit, you will not be able to connect in-game. You will have to wait until Registration opens in order to create a new account under a shorter name.

In-game user: Panzramic