Author Topic: *~*~ View-ability of Presets ~*~*  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
*~*~ View-ability of Presets ~*~*
« on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:15 pm »
*~*~ View-ability of Presets ~*~*

Currently, presets can only be seen in-game by people who have downloaded the preset, annoying.

Well, I and I am sure I am not the only one would love to be able for everyone to see your presets in-game, without having to download the actual preset. It would be great, especially when you walk by and people say, "Wow! Look at that preset!".

If there is already away to do this, please let me know. But if there isn't, it would be a brilliant addition to the game. I have certainly never seen a preset in-game, so I doubt that there is a way for everyone to see them, without downloading them that is.

*~*~ Zarago ~*~*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:57:17 pm by Zarago »

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
Re: *~*~ View-ability of Presets ~*~*
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »
Agreed ^^

JazzForLife

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »
If this was possible, the presets would take up waaaay too much space in the server. It would cost much more. That's why you have to send the files to your friends.

Even though it would be cool to see everyone's presets.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »
This would be nice indeed, but as Jazzz said, it will just take up space.
This is why you send files, and I think you'll be able to have your preset seen publicly on the server in time.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »
I would love it to happen, because, what's the point of making presets if only your friends and yourself can see them (being that they have downloaded the preset)?

It would be a great addition to the game.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:34 pm »
Oh, I forgot a word in there...
To have your preset seen publicly, I believe you send files or the option to pay for it will be added in the future.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »
Oh, I'd definetely pay for it. How much would they be asking for?

JazzForLife

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:55 pm »
I would love it to happen, because, what's the point of making presets if only your friends and yourself can see them (being that they have downloaded the preset)?

The point there is that you and the users you see most can see your preset. That's what counts. And sending a file to your friends through Mediafire is extremely easy. You can even put up a post with screenies and your download if you want other people downloading it.

As for the paying thing...I don't think that will happen. Read this topic: Click. I know it's about donations, but I don't think this game is accepting money any time soon.

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »
Doesn't that mean that person can use the preset too?

No. The exported preset files can only be used by the user who exported them. The only way for someone else to use your preset is if you give them the image files from the "my_presets" folder.

A nice solution would be a user hosted preset pack. It was a project started when FH first opened to the public, but the forum where it was hosted pretty much fell into disrepair. so-to-speak. Since then, I haven't seen the person who originally proposed it.

Essentially, they were having people PM them the preset files. They planned then on packing them into one large zip folder and hosting it through mediafire. The folder was intended to be updated every month with new presets.

It was clearly a mountain of work before we got the fabulous export button. Exported files are pretty slim. I don't see why this can't be implemented as a bonus package like the map-pack. Heck, I'd even lend some of my mediafire account space for it :3 if need-be.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:56:49 pm »
I'm glad to hear that you cannot use someone elses preset if they don't want you to.

I don't really mind paying for something like this, but of course, it would be better for the members if you didn't have to pay.

And I don't see how this could be extremely hard to implement.