Author Topic: What IS a Sparkledog?  (Read 21681 times)

Maplesong

Re: What IS a Sparkledog?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
To me a sparkle animal are people who use neon colors and act like they rule the world because of it. I don't call wolves who don't look like wolves irl sparkledogs i just call the wolves but not realistic wolves. I have loads of wolves/lions that have red and green and stuff but its not ALL neon and bright.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »
I'd say anything with noticably unnatural colors can be considered a sparkledog (including the legions of red and black wolves), but even more so with neon, scene hair, and two tons of accessories. That said, I also think not all sparkledogs are bad; I've seen some that are really pretty and/or cool. My only pet peeve is when people combine colors willy-nilly with absolutely no concept of which combinations might induce vomiting. I swear, magenta-and-chartreuse anything should be banned...

Tigercubes

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
Sparkledogs...

I always find it has a negative connotation. I don't think just any character with unnatural colors is a sparkledog.
"Scene" dogs are usually (but not always) sparkledogs in my book. I don't mind them, I don't have problems with them, people can make whatever characters they want. :3 Though I wish they would be more educated on color choices sometimes, it's not really my business to tell people to change their characters because I know my color wheel and they don't. X3

This, to me is a sparkledog (art by the creators, etc):
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=scene+dog+wolf#/d2y0643
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=scene+dog+wolf#/d2ub82z

This is not:
http://grihm.deviantart.com/gallery/5098029#/d3kea71

Unnatural MARKINGS but not colors does not make a sparkleanimal for me.

Tons of accessories does, however, might. x3

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 02:42:07 am »
^ Yeah.
Although that last one, gughughrghr the piercings in the ears. But yeah I wouldn't consider it a sparkle thing. Now the ones linked before it most definately.

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 08:40:40 am »
Sparkledogs refer to canines that have unnatural colors, either bright red or dark red  any color you wouldn't find in a dog or wolf or any canine for that matter is considered a Sparkledog. Say you have a red Husky for a character in FH and in real life they're like this brown-ish somewhat orange color, but in game you make the red Husky literally RED. >Like this text.<

Most Sparkledogs have really unrealistic markings and they're colors are unnatural, as said above. While their fur/hair/tail can be colossal, their legs would be super tiny. And even their anatomy can be screwed up. Not to mention ridiculous accessories.

What I think about sparkledogs most of them are horrifying. (Not to be mean, just my opinion) But rarely do they have decent designs. But I don't hate them. Few actually look nice and decent.

On dA they have a group of them. Check it out: http://sparkledogs.deviantart.com/

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:23:20 pm by Rao »

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:10 am »
most sparkle dogs have hardly any decent markings, and actually, some sparkle dog said i looked like one because of my wolf had RUST colored dalmatian marking being half dalmatian, the rust color from being a wolf and they can be that color, and the color of white being half dalmatian *facepaw* and this one was neon yellow, neon blue and neon green
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 09:08:52 am »
Huh....so, what should I do to have my character not shunned by anyone? I don't want my character to be too boring or too sprakly.....Geez, it's hard to please everyone! >:

Offline Hanadi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:20:59 am »
eehhh...=,= i hate to admit it, but take a hallow-yena for an example :s --> http://iammyla.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4758ta

Offline Myla

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sparkle dawg... And proud of it. B\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 09:26:11 am »
hallow-yenas ftw!! ;D...*sneaks back out of the sparkle dog rant* O__o....

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:39:05 pm »
Yeeeeeeep those are some sparkle critters right there.

Huh....so, what should I do to have my character not shunned by anyone? I don't want my character to be too boring or too sprakly.....Geez, it's hard to please everyone! >:
Characters aren't just about looks, it's about personality too. Characters don't have to look like a unicorn barfed on them to be interesting.