Author Topic: some much needed info on the game  (Read 1965 times)

Offline redmoon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
some much needed info on the game
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:09 pm »
hey i was just asking everyone about groups and rps. im not good at this so...yeah. i see people talking about rps "with maps", idk what that means? does it mean that they use their own maps they made and go 2 them in the game with other people? and if thats so, can you use youre presets in those private maps? cuz the dont show up on the maps like bonfire island or other places? and if you could explane how to do that that would be great. so please comment!

(i wrote this on my phone so please excuse the poor spelling and grammer.)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: some much needed info on the game
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:50 am »
Yes, when users talk about maps for Roleplays they usually mean  that they have an own private map in which they roleplay.

How you install this varies depending on who that made it and how it's uploaded, but most of the time users give out a download link which the other users can see. Download the map, and then place it in your Feralheart Folder.

Now the preset part is that NO ONE can see your preset unless you sent them a working export of your preset and got them to place it inside "their" preset folder. First when they have it there they can see you as character with preset.

Doesn't matter if it's a custom map, or one of the official ones. If you want others to see your preset they must have the exported file of it inside their preset folder.

This is why friends often share presets with each other and so on.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: some much needed info on the game
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:35:33 am »
Also; if you're NOT talking about an actual PRESET (like one you edited and custom made NOT using the default markings, because some people do call their characters presets even if they're not), then yes, in a private map your character will be visible, same as any other map. If it's a true preset with custom markings or whatever then they'll just see the white, textureless character that people see when they don't have preset files.

Preset: custom character made using the "preset maker" ingame.
Character: custom character made using the "character creator" ingame; this is what most people use; made with default markings.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:37:52 am by wolffox »