Author Topic: People randomly claiming custom maps  (Read 5922 times)

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
Re: People randomly claiming custom maps
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:42:14 am »
yeah adding the kick would cause problems. To be honest the easiest thing would be to add alittle update to the map creator with a box saying something around the lines Your Username for Map. You write your username in and export it with the map. So when people enter the map it doesnt just come up with the name of the map but the person that made it. I'm sure redlinelies that you said this idea on your first post and i actually like it better then my idea.

it would be just like typing the map name for you map in map maker but this time for your username to show up. This way if people get direct links to peoples maps they still will know who made it because it will come up ingame under the name of the map or something.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 04:25:36 pm »
Yes , I though about that and i guess it might be used for bad reasons Dx . And yes , that would make the read textie not so ''scary'' anymore xD

Lol and i don't have anything to say about it anymore ... I can see my ideas defeat xD Ok ,this will be extremely hard to make but ... What if there would be a program that would keep an eye on the conversations in ''your'' map and when it detects sorta a ''curse'' word it will send you a message or whatever that shows you someone was cursing on your map ... you could send this person a message through general and say not to curse anymore .. (that would be as a warning) if the detector plops open again because of the same user you could ask him/her the reasons why he/she is doing this and if she/he really doesn't care you could kick him/her from the map ?

That would be extremely hard to do , lol but i'm sorta the kind of person who has crazy ideas that are pretty impossible to create xD

Woof ! By Ramine ^^
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:29:08 pm by Ramine »

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:15 pm »
People claiming custom maps? Wow :c

I believe the only people that should have the ability to kick/ban people are moderators and staff, but that's just me. If map makers have the ability to control and do good in their maps, then they can totally abuse it as well.

I think it's a good idea if the creator of the map can have red text throughout their map though. Everyone knows the creator and they can enforce the rules to their map. If the rules to map are still being broken, then the creator can contact a moderator.

Moclam

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 11:45:10 am »
It's quite sad that people do this. I've had this happen to me aswell. I had a group before, and a person in it leeked the givin link to everyone she knew. So when we tryed to roleplay, seven other people where prancing around in it. It's quite annoying when this happens.

However you could always copy the map and export it as a diffrent name if you're ever in that situation.