Author Topic: A Few Questions about Flying and "Glitching"  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: A Few Questions about Flying and "Glitching"
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »
I have, since I started playing, noticed the system that FH uses shares its servers with everyone in the same map, but all the maps are client-side it seems, so if you have the correct editing software, you could be in the same realm as someone, but on a map that is drastically different. This, to me, is a very strange concept, as this is very contrasting from the other editors I come from, like UnrealEd or SecondLife. Particularly having to manually download presets, that seems like so much of an inconvenience to make them not worthwhile to spend the time making.

As far as floating and glitching go, this game has more than a few places where you can pierce the collision boxes and get into and on top of all sorts of things you couldn't in a different physics system.

It's not really the best idea to tell people how, you can be banned if you are discovered doing it on purpose do to the fact you are fiddling with the maps, and exploiting issues.

I beleived the .fhm files or whatever were supposed to stop people messing with files but either I was wrong or it was an utter failure XDDD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

CrystalSprint

Re: A Few Questions about Flying and "Glitching"
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »
I never said how to, I just mentioned basic mechanics, that, anyone who wanted to tamper with FH would already know. And if it's really that big of a problem for them, consider a new content system, or hashchecking the maps.