Author Topic: A lil question(apantly char stealing)  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Nana

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
A lil question(apantly char stealing)
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »
how many of you have come on to this game and has been acused of stealing  char design?

i come on today 2nd time since god knows how many months with a char that has my fav marks and colours and a name from my fav program and i get accused/yelled at to del because i apparntly stole it and i aint even seen anyone with same but prob many have the same.

it's getting quit anoying since everyone has access to same markings and colours.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:53:38 pm by Lion0993 »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: A lil question(apantly char stealing)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:33:00 pm »
No one can copyright/claim a design on FH if he or she uses official markings. In fact they use COPYRIGHTED markings and can be happy that they are allowed to use them.

So dont worry. FH states clear, right here right now: NO. No one can claim or take a copyright on an Fh Character when using the official Markings Stuff or any other added/edited Markings, Eyes, Colors and so on.

Offline Nana

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »
thats wha i thought, while been yelled at lol

Offline F3rr3tLov3r

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:58:30 pm »
I have came across someone that looked exactly like me and had the same name as me that bugs me .-. but in your case nah some people need to relax as the other person said there using COPYRIGHTED markings
.3. Hi

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:35:05 am »
Tigg did indeed already covered most up here.

Same thing goes with names as well.

There can be some small exceptions when it comes to your identity though, but in general people go no right to yell at you to remove a character or change your name.

I can understand some peoples frustration when it comes to this though and I've spotted people in the act, actually trying to mirror their chars to someone else by logging on and off constantly which can be both amusing and sad at the same time. xD
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline VivaBean

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~un mundo de amor~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:39 pm »
LOL, Red, I have seen that too. It's entertaining sometimes.

But, people have gotten mad at me for 'Koda' saying I stole it and blah blah blah. The common one was "I had it on IT!"....well so did I lol! But out of a few hundred people and limited designs and names, of course there are going to be similarities. >.> You dont see people getting mad in the real world... I know several other Michaels, but I don't go around calling them "name stealers" lol. Or character design stealers....LOL how does that work? Man... "You're the same markings as me! You're the same as me, or relatively close!" Who cares? Are they you? No. xD Just shove it in their faces!

It just happens. People can be bleh about it. Best thing to do I guess is ignore them and not start anything.
~Intoxicated eyes, no longer live that life.
You should have learned by now, I'll burn this whole world down.
I need some peace of mind, no fear of what's behind. 
You think you've won this fight, you've only lost your mind.~

CrystalSprint

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »
One of the bigger causes of this is probably the fact that a lot of characters are similar (ie; black with neon trim, the full Celtic or bones marking set, etc) or people are using characters based off of other characters from anime or such, in either case you are likely to find people who are similar.
As far as stealing presets go, that is different, but you would think if people didn't want others taking their designs they wouldn't post them publicly on websites and then say, "Don't steal PLZ". Seems like they're asking for it then...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:43:26 pm by Tristam Cooke »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »
  Oh, you really can't use other peoples presets unless they were silly enough to go and give you the basic images really, then they just made a mistake and basically gave everyone what they need to use the preset, or it's public.

unless of course they copy an image of teh character, but that's a different story all together.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:48 pm »
I know the feeling in a sense...
 I've had dozens of impersonators, people who steal my name, image and pretend to be me at least. But it's not really the same thing. I've seen people fight over who is the real Swiftkill, Simba, Kiba though, but that's actually more humorous in my opinion XD... I've never gotten yelled at for looking the same on FH, what makes a person want to do something like that? o.-
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

CrystalSprint

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
  Oh, you really can't use other peoples presets unless they were silly enough to go and give you the basic images really, then they just made a mistake and basically gave everyone what they need to use the preset, or it's public.

unless of course they copy an image of teh character, but that's a different story all together.
If you don't have the texture file, that would be incredibly difficult. One would have to either use a cache crawling program to find the files in other games, but in FH since you have to actually DOWNLOAD someones presets to use it, using it yourself becomes easy, ALTHOUGH only anyone else who has also downloaded it will be able to see it. The system being as silly as it is, I am not going to even bother with a preset. Annoying really, since I made one before Mary told me how it worked.