Author Topic: My "Unique" Experiance!  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Turrent

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Lu-Pe.
    • View Profile
My "Unique" Experiance!
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:50 am »
Okay. So. This happened a few minutes ago. A giant thunder-storm hit over our area, and I went to play on FH. Then, I entered the game, and was like- WAHH?!!

XDXD I was controlling another player's character XD! Her (I think) username was TheScar or something - After it crashed, I went on it again, and I was my own character, but I was like 100 miles from Bonfire out in the water, And I was running! Not swimming. XD Have you guys had any experiances or weired things happen like this before?
Yours truly,
      ~Ketchup

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: My "Unique" Experiance!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:18 am »
That's just a glitch that happens sometimes, thunderstorms don't cause it.

But I have experienced the "spawned out in the middle of nowhere" thing though. When going back to Bonfire Island my character ended up all the way out in the water instead of the middle of the map.

CrystalSprint

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »
Some of your packets probably were lost or corrupted because of the thunderstorm possibly causing small internet outages.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »
Some of your packets probably were lost or corrupted because of the thunderstorm possibly causing small internet outages.

No... this is a common glitch and has nothing to do with the electric storm.

CrystalSprint

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 06:47:49 pm »

No... this is a common glitch and has nothing to do with the electric storm.
I never said the electric storm was the only cause, I said it caused that specific instance because this person seems never to have had t before. If they have never had this kind of experience, and then suddenly during a storm they experience it, logic suggests that is the cause. If you have a crappy internet connection or faulty wiring, packet loss is commonplace, in any applications that send and recive data over the internet.

Offline Turrent

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Lu-Pe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:18 am »
^-^ Thats right~ I've never experianced this before....And personaly..I hope I never do again -.-
Yours truly,
      ~Ketchup

Offline Sirana

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:38 am »
that's happened to me twice. the first time i can't remember but it didn't happen because of a storm. I logged in and i was a small lioness named kiara and we were BOTH controlling her so she was probably rly weirded out but i logged out incase i was accused of hacking ^^'.
A proud member of Omada Mazi http://omada-mazi.proboards.com/index.cgi

TealSkeletore

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:30 am »
^If I recall correctly, if you some how end up on someone else's character, they can't see what you're doing with it. No one but you can see how you're controlling it, it just doesn't get through to anyone else's end. I'm not sure if this is correct but I think one of the forum mods said this when it was brought up around the time when FH first came out.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »
I have it happen to me, it's quite fun xD' Twice actually in two different roleplays I've spawned and controled someone else's character.

But yes only you can see whatever you're doing, the other person can not... or so that's what happened with mre anyways.