Author Topic: IT Maps in FH?  (Read 8064 times)

slycan

Re: IT Maps in FH?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »
it's very much possible to copy IT maps and put them into FH - but it takes understanding of exactly how maps are made in order to "convert" them - you can't just throw the files into FH folder and expect them to work ^^ they two different games

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »
Yah, I tried to do that and "convert" them via chaning the .world files to .fhz and .map files. which was succesful, but I couldn't really get anything done since terrain files weren't really where and I would never be able to re-create the brilliance that was those maps.

Filougon

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 01:53:11 pm »
I miss ALL old IT maps.
Impressive Title was, well, impressive. I never imagined, that I could have so many nostalgias with a game (well, that was a little over. I have nostalgias while playing Diablo 2 or other of my childhood games, too).
But well. I would really love to see some old maps again. Even if you have to ask the owners of the old maps. (Playground is copyright by Tigg, and Great Falls by... argh, forgot. Her/His(?) name started with an H...)

Offline DinWolfie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »
Great Falls by... argh, forgot. Her/His(?) name started with an H...)
Hammy /Hamilton/ The Orignal Hammy. :'3 it's been re-made also. It's Got new meshes too >:D
--
As for IT Maps, I do hope someone will re-make them :3'

slycan

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
I don't understand why you have to ask permission to -convert old Official- maps?

its not like your claiming them

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
I don't understand why you have to ask permission to -convert old Official- maps?

its not like your claiming them

Not quite sure either, but I'm still curious and I know that resistance is futile so meh, might as well.

FadedTimes

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 11:35:43 pm »
That would be awesome! I may have never played IT before but Ive watched a lot of You Tube Videos about it and I really love them! It would be awesome if they were put into FH. I think BonFire is one though right? O_O

Offline Zanary

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 06:38:53 pm »
I have some questions about maps...

Please tell if theres a topic about "how to install downloaded maps" or such, but for now I'll ask you wise ones, who seems to know much about this stuff.

Ive downloaded a game. Hooray! - It doesn't work, though. Ive done as in the readme file, placed the files under objects, terrans, sky ect. It still doesn't work?

='< What have I done wrong?

Kreapaer

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »
I must agree with you.  It's true, it won't be the same as in IT.  Great Falls without it's shooting stars, Playground without it's Red Pandas (...), and Tainted Plains without the ghosts.  But, still, it would be easier to 'create' Maps on here since there is actually what seems to be a Map makers... get an experianced one and you could most likely re-create IT as best as possible.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »
Please don't Necro threads Natsume (and you have done it plenty of times too) The last post to this thread was 3 months ago.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho