Author Topic: Your Wolf/ Lions gender...  (Read 3110 times)

Offline xXJackForeverXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Flooffeh
    • View Profile
Your Wolf/ Lions gender...
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:05 am »
One day someone came up to me and asked me if I was a female or male, so after that I thought.... Is there a way that Feral Heart can show a wolves/Lions gender? (Almost all of my friends have had the same thing happend to them.)  :-[
J.K.G

Kitty Lue

Re: Your Wolf/ Lions gender...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20:21 am »
I agree. There should be something done about this, I think the original reason why they didnt try to distinguish between them was for realistic reasons. But now that they have wings and stuff, I think It wouldnt be too bad to have like a male/female sign on them like the forum does. Like maybe on the name tag, and that wouldn't even interfere with the realisticness of this. Anyone else agree?

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:27:17 am »
I disagree. This is what a bio is for. It's on the second tab with the rest of your info when you click someone. (Ex: Username, Character name, group, etc)  If we lacked bios, I would be all for the idea, but we dont, so I see it as pointless.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:29:26 am by Silhouette »

Kitty Lue

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:01:11 am »
Silhouette, I would find no reson for this either if everyone had a bio filled out. unfortunately, not everyone has one filled out. but either way, it would be nice if we didn't have to ask people if they are a boy or girl. :)

Offline ShadowFang01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • ShadowFang0
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »
I agree, I've had so many people mistake my gender. Also, although you may put your gender in the bio, there are still many that don't bother to look at bios.

Offline xXJackForeverXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Flooffeh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:13:11 am »
Yeah... a lot of the time people just cant be botherd writeing a bio...
J.K.G

Kitty Lue

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 12:16:35 am »
Yeah, I got an idea of how this could happen, like when you go to create a character, first it will go like girl (checkbox) boy (checkbox) and you could put in the check in the box you want, and that could either be put by the name or in a window at the first or last of character creation, or something like that and just use like the same male/female sign as in the forum. Or, for whoever may not want to be distinguished,  maybe just  have a checkbox that says "leave blank" in which the character will be the same as they are now, with no male/female sign floating above them. Who agrees?

Faolan108

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:16:20 am »
i agree it should say if your a male or a female, im a female

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:32 am »
I disagree. This is what a bio is for. It's on the second tab with the rest of your info when you click someone. (Ex: Username, Character name, group, etc)  If we lacked bios, I would be all for the idea, but we dont, so I see it as pointless.
^This

We have bios for this matter, and if the person doesn't bother to write one at all, they really shouldn't be upset about someone asking. :X

And it's not hard to write "(F)" or "(M)" at the end of the name of a character. That's probably where a symbol would go anyway, so same difference this case.