Author Topic: {Administrators and Mods I want you to read this please.} I HAVE SOME IDEAS!!!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw

Only thing anybody ever does that's not quite as bad as using it in a "rape" fashion is video spam movement.

So, apparently I and others I know don't exist? Because I use it as a dance move, others use it as a dance move too. Just because YOU have never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I am the Annoying Homestuck.
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO

So, apparently I and others I know don't exist? Because I use it as a dance move, others use it as a dance move too. Just because YOU have never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying.

True-but couldn't you live without your 'dance move?' Are you saying a small population of people could not give up your dance move for selfish reasons to protect the safety of people? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to be reasonable here. I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but buttswing really doesn't serve much of a purpose, maybe comedy, a few laughs, but I'm serious on the fact that it really is for the greater good for buttswing to be taken out. I can be honest that I will probably not miss it, maybe for a bit, because I don't really like change that much, but it does good for the safety of everyone. If you don't like what I'm saying, you can always choose just to not to listen. I'm expressing what I think, I'm not trying to be rude. It's not rude to think something different from the person beside you-I really am sorry if it's coming off that way, but it's not the way I mean it.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
  If we are going to remove ways for people to "rape" people, we would ALSO have to remove the head bang dance move, crouching, sitting, etc. And why should we cater the game for the rule breakers? They obviously have no respect for the rules, and shouldn't be here. Why coddle the fools who can't be sensible and remove things to do when there are already so VERY few things in the game?

And you seem to be misreading what I am saying. I am NOT saying that because there are people who use the butt swing this isn't a option, I was simply stating that you are WRONG in saying that NO ONE uses it appropriately. And it isn't even a small group of people either, the inappropriate people just outnumber them.

All in all, you are saying let the rule breakers and trolls stay within the game, and just remove the butt swing so you can feel safe when really, the nasty people who do those things, and WILL find another way, are still in the game? Are we supposed to strip the game down to a point where you can barely do anything other than speak for the sake of your false security?

I am not trying to start something, it is just that people don't seem to realise that just removing a dance move will not solve ANY issues, just give people a false sense of security, it is not a case of a differing opinion, it is a case of it just won't WORK. It would be like making all blades blunt so murderers won't stab others. Those people will still be walking amongst you though, and will always find another way around it, AND you stop people from using it for the reason it is meant to be used. A solution that solves nothing.

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
You must give 'trolls and rule-breakers' some incentive to leave. Trolls and rule-breakers will not just leave because you ask them to politely (or firmly for that matter), you cannot supply them with the powers to be rule-breakers, or you are just tempting them to break the rules. Also, I'm not neccessarily saying that you have to absolutely remove buttswing from the game-just that it is not an idea that you should throw away. What you are saying is you are going to supply them with ways to break the rules. Even if you ban them, they still just make another account and continue with evil deeds.

Also, I'm not saying that no one uses it appropriately-I have never seen someone use it appropriately, which does not, like you said, mean that no one uses it appropriately. I'm all for not punishing all for the crimes of the few, but this is not the case in this situation.

Also, no it would not be like making blades blunt so murderers wouldn't stab others-I'm trying to take away the blade so they can't use it in the first place.

Also, about the headbang and crouching and sitting-I don't believe you should take away crouching and sitting. The point of taking away buttswing is because no one uses it for appropriate reasons-and since I believe that you should not punish everyone for the deeds of a few, you should not take away crouching and sitting because they are normally used for the intended reasons.

Headbang-
You could do this with the buttswing as well, too, but instead of completely removing it from the game, you can alter both the headbang and buttswing so they do not act so 'inappropriately.' Like I said, I am not making it mandatory for you to take these things away-I'm not making it mandatory for you to do anything at all, I'm just stating what I believe.
For example, you could just make the head bang instead of both the head and posterior. For buttswing-you can turn it into a back-flip or a roll an action such as that.

I understand you're not trying to start something, and I appreciate that because I don't want to get into a full-blown argument over something as silly as keeping in a simple animated dance move. You do not have to argue against me, for I am not trying to force you think as such. You may believe what you like and do what you like with that game, I am stating what I personally believe, so I am not saying you must believe that, and if you would respect that this is my opinion as well I would greatly appreciate it. The only reason I argue back is to avoid mis-communication between two people, and to tell you my own point from my perspective. If you don't want to listen, that's fine-I'm not forcing you to read what I have to say.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Even if you ban them, they still just make another account and continue with evil deeds.

All bans are IP bans, make another account and that account will have the exact same ban as the first. the mods are not silly enough to think just banning one account will get rid of these people.

Also, no it would not be like making blades blunt so murderers wouldn't stab others-I'm trying to take away the blade so they can't use it in the first place

It would be the same thing. Take away the knife and they will grab a gun. Take away the butt swing/ modify it and we WILL have to take away the crouch and sit because they'll start using that instead. We take away that and they'll just get in the chat and start making things worse there. Then by the whole idea that removing things fixes everything, we would have to take away the chat.

Why not just get rid of the trolls, rather than in game functions is what I'M saying. Get rid of butt swing and sure, they can't use it any more, but they are still going to be there, breaking the rules. It is a temporary fix that only provides a false sense of security.

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
Even if you get rid of the trolls more trolls will come-it's an endless cycle of banning people. So I'm trying to help cut down the 'work' (I know it's not work, but there's not really a word for it--cut down having to ban people) so that you don't have to ban as many people and then everyone will be happy because they have game rights. If you weren't listening-still a lot of people would be using the chat besides trolls, and I said you should not punish the many for the deeds of a few-even though this is not the case for the buttswing, it would still be a case for the chat, sit, and crouch because a lot of people would still use them for their intended purpose. Besides, this talk is about getting rid of the buttswing, not sit and crouch, so it would make sense to just ban people if they keep on persisting on breaking the rules-I'm just saying that you should get rid of/modify the buttswing (although I'm not saying you have to-this post is about ideas, so this is my suggestion). Also, many people do troll the chat today, and that's where the swear and spam filter come in. Spam-filter only allows you to type every certain amount of seconds-I never really disagreed with it-just didn't understand it. So even if you are a slow typer-that gives you an advantage since spammers usually just type short-large fonted things.
Like you said, it would only be a partial way to get rid of trolls, but right now it is utterly impossible to completely rid a game of trolls, so you might as well get rid of the troll's 'weapons,' that way they can still play the appropriate way, and know that what they're doing is not acceptable, but not having to be so strict as to ban them. If you drive them off, it's their problem for not being able to use your resources properly.

Now, I don't want to be arguing with you for days over this, so can't we just make up and accept that we have different opinions on this buttswing matter? I see and respect your opinion/perspective, and I see your point in it, but I would like you to see my perspective as well. You do not have to agree with it, nor do you have to put it into action, I just would like for you to accept it instead of challenge every aspect of it.

Man...I keep having the urge to say something so me-like I hate arguing and being so serious....
I'll just do my normal rambler trademark thingie. (Kitsune_<-------rambler

Offline lucario7727198

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The dance moves are fine. Each one is only disgusting when people make it so, and the people who would use it for sexual harassment must be banned. No need to take out the dances; that would just be letting the trolls win.

It would be nice to have even one mod per public map 24/7, but it isn't possible. That's why there's such a thing as taking a screenshot and reporting an offense on the forums.

Having to wait 17 seconds until you post again is really more cumbersome than anything. Sometimes the chat goes fast, but trust me, it's better than having limitations like that. Neopets does it and it's really annoying. It definitely wouldn't work for FH.

A swear filter would be good for sexist, racist, and extremely suggestive curse words, but nothing that isn't too terrible. I'd like to have the freedom to say what I like in private chats with my friends, thank you.

Yes, it's fine if someone lies beside you. That's not suggestive at all.

It would be cool if a group leader could set a home for the whole group. So aside from your character's individual home, you could also click a button on the Group Tab and go to your group's map/roleplaying area/whatever. Is that what you're trying to say?

BlackCatTrain

I completly disagree with the filter, Kovu trusts that we dont need it, and some people swear in Roleplay.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:21:00 am by BlackCatXIII »

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Some really good ideas here, i agree on many, but i dont think butt dance should be taken out, maybe just a way to prevent trollers from raping ppl

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
It's true as stated a few posts above, those who are out to troll break the rules will plain out find new ways to do so if they are limited, and it's pretty much how every single place works.

Chat filters wouldn't solve the situation at whole either, and it would just limit the communication between users but also take time to create and implement into the game. This idea is really not the best option.

Most about the mods have been explained already, they work for free and are there to play the game just as much as anyone else. There's simply no way possible to organize a way for mods to take shifts sitting in maps, not allowed to even play the game. The mods that are fairly active do an EXTREMELY good job, and I know that many times their actions are not even noticed by the majority of the users, this is because they are not meant to walk around and chit chat with everyone in mod speak, or warn every single user they see so others can know. They all work silently most of the time, never really get much nice words for it but only complains when they cannot be around, or even when doing their job.

The spam timer thingy is not a completely bad idea, but I believe it would just filter out some of the spamming.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:43:58 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart